This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Equipping Ministries
Montgomery Community Church
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 04/01/2010
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Other Pastor
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
If you hunger for a significant role that stimulates spiritual vitality in people—even more, if you desire to be in a leadership role that creatively equips spiritual maturity in a church that honors change and missional living—consider this new role of Pastor of Equipping Ministries at Montgomery Community Church in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Pastor of Equipping Ministries oversees the various elements of equipping/training so that people grow maturely in a way that erupts in missional living. As such, he provides strong, crucial leadership for all equipping opportunities—class and group training, one-on-one coaching, conferences and workshops, along with leadership development. With a comprehensive understanding of the church’s vision, he is a senior leader in the pastoral staff since he oversees a key aspect of the church’s vision and strategy.
• To shape a culture of spiritual development so that people are inspired to the next level of missional living.
• To integrate this culture of spiritual development with the culture of service and missional living through an overall team approach to church ministry.
• To inspirationally lead a team of strong volunteer leaders in the various classes, groups, and coaching so that these leaders are helping people to significantly mature in their Christian practice.
• To create simple venues and vehicles for people to easily participate in equipping opportunities.
• To teach in strategic settings so that he models and inspires relevant biblical teaching and application.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Passion for the spiritual growth of people
• Spiritual gifts of teaching and leadership
• Empowerment and leadership skills
• Multi-tasking and team-building skills
• Strong organizational initiative
• At least five years experience on a church staff of 1000 people or more
• Masters level of education preferred