This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Camino Community Church
Camino, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/31/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
Camino Community Church is a non-denominational Bible Church in the California Sierra foothills about halfway between Sacramento and South Lake Tahoe. We are seeking a part-time Youth Minister to lead our Middle and High School Ministries. We believe that ministry is a life-calling, not just a job. Applicants should have a clear personal salvation testimony. We are seeking a young man who is passionate about introducing young people to Jesus. Applicants should be committed to reach “churched” and “unchurched” young people. Our church family averages about 150 souls on Sundays, and the youth ministry has averaged 10-50 students over the last five years.
Major Responsibilities and Goals:
• Shepherd, serve, and care for the youth with a greater emphasis on relationships rather than programs.
• Lead a strategic, weekly, youth function that will both attract and inspire all youth to know and follow Jesus.
• Provide a weekly opportunity for students to grow in their faith through Bible studies or a discipleship/mentoring program.
• Plan periodic “special” activities for students to participate in. This could be a day trip, evening fellowship, annual retreat, etc.
• Develop relationships (as possible) with parents to facilitate the spiritual growth of students.
• Ensure that biblical and relevant teaching is provided throughout student ministry.
• Must be committed to being an integral part of our church family life.
• Meet with the Senior Pastor and/or Elder Liaison on a weekly basis.
In a routine week, the time commitment is approximately 20 hours plus Sunday morning participation. A free housing option is available for a single man. This is an ideal situation for a part-time student or bi-vocational ministry. Compensation will be negotiated based on training, experience and time commitment.
The Right Person Will Be:
• A genuine, growing, committed, Christian with an exemplary personal life and a contagious love for Jesus Christ.
• Trained and well-grounded in the Word of God, preferably with a Bible college or youth ministries degree.
• Self-disciplined self-starter with high initiative.
• Very organized.
• Well-developed knowledge and insight of current youth culture
• Effective public communicator to youth
• Skillful in engaging both church students and community students
• Able to teach youth, engage volunteer leaders, and confront in love.
• Maintain a compassionate heart for people.
• Spiritually gifted and experienced in youth ministry
• In complete agreement with our Statement of Faith.
• If married must have spousal support.
If this describes you and if serving in an affirming church committed to grace and following Christ sounds like a rewarding and challenging opportunity, please email your resume to: email@example.com.