This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Oak Community Church
Hinsdale, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/02/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Oak Community Church is looking for an authentic follower of Jesus Christ, who is skilled and gifted as an instrumentalist/vocalist to lead our family of faith in relevant contemporary worship. This person must be humble to serve, energetic to inspire and wise to lead alongside the pastor in order to create a worshipful environment for the congregation and the worship team each Sunday.
Job Type: Part time with the potential of growing into a full-time position as Oak and staff responsibilities grow.
Reports: Lead pastor/elders
Salary: Established by qualifications and experience
• Born-again follower of Jesus Christ
• In agreement with the statements of faith, vision and mission of Oak Community Church www.oakcommunitychurch.com
• Genuine humility and love of God’s people
• Strong work ethic
• Model a lifestyle and attitude of worship at all times.
• Pray for the impact of the worship ministry
• Actively seeking to grow in your relationship with the Lord
• Skilled and gifted as a vocalist and instrumentalist (preferably guitar or key board)
• Able to choose and arrange songs in harmony with the message, understand music theory and able to lead a rehearsal of various instrumentalists and vocalists. (i.e., electric guitar, bass, key board, piano, acoustic guitar, drummers, other instruments and vocalists)
• Working knowledge of Pro Presenter beneficial
• Attend weekly meeting with lead pastor to evaluate previous service and develop next service.
• Meet monthly with lead pastor for mentoring/discipling.
• Well organized, able to maintain monthly schedules for the worship teams, sound board and computer volunteers.
• Able to provide qualified leadership when absent from Sunday services. Expected to lead at least 40-44 Sunday services. Currently one service per Sunday.
• Planning and leading additional holiday services and occasional worship events
• Create a worship rehearsal routine. For example, rehearse team during the week prior to the service and on the morning before the service.
• Confirm the role of worship team members each week whether it be instrumentalist, vocalist, welcome/announcements, sound board or computer.
• Oversee the maintenance of the sound system, the computer used for worship services, other equipment used for worship, and the music library of the church
• To improve Oak’s overall musical quality by developing the personal skills of those involved in the worship ministry, their approach to and understanding of worship.
• Develop those gifted in areas related to leading worship
• Good steward of the worship budget