Position Title: Pastor of Worship (Music/Arts)
Reports To: Senior Pastor
About our Church
A vacation destination for thousands and known for sandy beaches, sand dunes, lighthouses, and outstanding seafood, Cape Cod, Massachusetts is home to native “Capecodders” and “wash-a-shores”, alike. The Cape has a population of approximately 250,000 people in the off-season. The area boasts some of the most beautiful and valuable real estate in our country, but it is home to people from a wide range of backgrounds and income classes. The number unclaimed, or those who report no religious affiliation (127K) in Barnstable County, exceeds those who report religious affiliation (95K). The unclaimed population represents 57.1% of the total in 2000.The Cape is also home to many faith-based communities who have transformative opportunities.
Osterville Baptist Church is a growing church in the Village of Osterville, (Town of Barnstable, population 47,821, in Barnstable County), on beautiful Cape Cod, Massachusetts, with weekly attendance of 300 to 350. We enjoy a strong sense of community, and we are passionately focused on training our worshippers to become mature followers of Jesus Christ. We are committed to transforming our community and world through the saving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Our Mission Statement and Ministry Purpose
Our mission statement is summarized by three words: Know, Grow, and Go. The mission of OBC is to advance the Kingdom of God by helping people KNOW Christ, by helping people to GROW in Christ, and by helping people GO out to serve Christ — all to the glory of God.
Our Doctrinal Beliefs
• The Bible is the revealed Word of God: inspired, inerrant and the final authority for faith and practice.
• There is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
• We believe in the deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, His incarnation, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death for sinners, His bodily resurrection from the grave, and His personal return from heaven.
• The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict, regenerate, indwell, baptize enlighten, and empower all believers for godly living.
• People were created in the image of God, but as a result of sin are lost and powerless to save themselves.
• Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ apart from good works and religious ceremonies.
• The church is a spiritual body of which Christ is the head.
• There will be a resurrection of the human body, the eternal existence of all people either in heaven, or hell, and in divine judgments and rewards.
To provide leadership centered on worship and spiritual growth so that the Osterville Baptist Church community grows in their understanding of Biblical worship and their ability to express their love for God through corporate worship and through the use of their gifts and talents.
The Pastor of Worship will lead the congregation in a combination of traditional and contemporary Christian music in order to reach the wide range of ages and preferences represented in our church. He will be an experienced and dynamic worship leader responsible for the implementation and production of worship services including the areas of music, drama, and audio/video programming. This individual will play a vital role as a member of the creative team and be able to identify, recruit, train, develop, and evaluate worship team members and administer the worship budget in this growing church. Second, this individual will play a vital role in the broader ministry goal of leading people to connect with God and with each other for the purpose of growing in their maturity as believers. They will actively pursue people to “connect” by encouraging them to join small group ministries, men’s and women’s fellowship groups, Sunday school, and individual discipleship opportunities. A passion for excellence and experience in a blended worship setting are essential as well as the gifts of creative communication, leadership, relation building, and administration.
Ministry Goals and Objectives
• Support the corporate vision and strategy set by church leadership.
• Lead weekly worship services that are theologically sound, vibrant, creative, and fresh.
• Provide vision to the creative arts ministry by determining a ministry plan with annual objectives that will grow the ministry.
• Enhance the ministry by equipping and training others.
• Schedule and lead meetings with key individuals to discuss and plan worship services.
• Partner in the regular pastoral duties of the church.
• Assist in other ministry duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
• Be a born-again, baptized believer who loves the Lord
• Possess proven character: exemplifies Christian faith in words and actions
• Demonstrate a clear call to church ministry
• Possess a proficiency in music and Biblical theology required to fulfill the position
• Energetic, enthusiastic, dynamic and Spirit-filled
• Experienced and strong up-front presence to lead worship
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to listen
• Ability to disciple, teach and shepherd members of the church community in conjunction with the pastoral team
• Agrees with the statement of faith of Osterville Baptist Church
• Agrees with the vision and philosophy of the church and can lead others to vision fulfillment.
Must be respected as a gifted musician, able to lead through music/vocal instructions, lead or oversee a team of gifted musicians, lead and oversee vocal teams in a blended style of worship, lead and oversee a team of media/sound/lighting technicians to create an effective and dynamic worship ministry.
Must be able to lead people and teams of all ages to worship in spirit and truth, work within a group, mentor, encourage, motivate and show true compassion for people. Must possess ability in conflict resolution and team building. Must be able to “share the spotlight.”
Must possess strong administrative and communication skills, organize services, plan, set goals, promote events, and organize leadership development.
Must be able to develop and evaluate all aspects of media that could be used to communicate OBC’s mission and vision.
• Masters or MDiv degree preferred
• A demonstrated call to ministry
• Minimum of 3 years experience in directing worship ministries
• Experience in planning and leading worship services in a mid to large church setting
Primary Ministry Responsibilities
As a member of the Pastoral team
• Serve and lead in cooperation with and submission to the Senior Pastor and Deacon Board
• Collaborate weekly with Senior Pastor, Worship Team and Staff to evaluate previous Sunday services and plan future worship services, themes and special events
• Assist in providing care to the members and attendees of Osterville Baptist Church
• Assist with equipping the entire Osterville Baptist Church family for ministry to the Barnstable community and beyond
• Present to the Trustees Committee an annual worship budget after review with the Senior Pastor
As the leader of Worship Ministry
• Recruit, develop and lead the programming, music (instrumentalists and vocalists), technical arts, visual arts, and drama/skit teams
• Lead weekly worship services
• Develop worship ministry personnel, musically and vocally
• Lead, equip, develop and evaluate any paid staff in the worship department
• Shepherd and care for worship team members involved in worship, music, and media ministry develop spiritually
• Coordinate performance schedules of various music groups and individuals for Sunday Worship and special services including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter
• Keep abreast of current church music and worship trends through continuing education and individual study
• Coordinate musical needs for weddings, funerals, and other special events as requested
• Respond to requests from music groups and individuals from outside the church
• Perform other duties as needed, or assigned by the Senior Pastor
Interested applicants for the Pastor Worship Music/Arts should EMAIL a Resume, Cover Letter, and anything else you think would help us to know about you and your ministry to:
Search Committee Co-Chair, Catherine Reynolds at email@example.com
Applications submitted to the Email address above will be the only ones considered, please do not apply on the site...thank you.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Osterville Baptist Church
Osterville Baptist Church is a growing church in the Village of Osterville, (Town of Barnstable, population 47,821, in Barnstable County), on beautiful Cape Cod, Massachusetts, with weekly attendance of 300 to 350. We enjoy a strong sense of community, and we are passionately focused on training our worshippers to become mature followers of Jesus Christ. We are committed to transforming our community and world through the saving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. More...