This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Light of Christ Lutheran Church
Algonquin, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 03/29/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description - Director of Student Ministry
Light of Christ is a vibrant, growing congregation in Algonquin, Illinois. Light of Christ is a part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and a member of the Willow Creek Association. We worship in a variety of styles, and see ministry with youth as integral to all that happens in the congregation. We are known in the community for serving children, youth and families well.
Primary responsibility of the Student Ministry Director is the leadership and administration of the faith formation ministry for several hundred youth at Light of Christ, grades 6 - 12. Our ministry model is a team based model, which requires the recruitment, development and support of numerous volunteers.
• Faith in Jesus Christ as Lord, and a commitment to Light of Christ’s mission, core values and statement of faith.
• Passion for and experience in student ministry.
• Positive, teachable, can-do attitude and excited about working in a team environment with other staff and volunteers.
• Outstanding people, organizational and communication skills to develop, encourage and support students, leaders and
families in ministry.
• Maturity to handle confidential information with care.
• Self starter—highly motivated.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher with some Bible college or Seminary desired.
• At least three years exposure to a larger church setting is preferred.
The Director of Student Ministry oversees the following program areas:
• The PATH Confirmation Program (6th - 8th grades, Sept. – May),
• Summer JAM--Jesus and Me--midweek ministry (6th – 8th grade, June – August),
• Summit Student Ministry (Senior high, year round),
• Summit Summer Servant Learning Experience,
• Student Summer Sports Camps,
• Seasonal College-age events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• With Associate Pastor set the student ministry vision and plan to carry it out in alignment with LOC mission.
• Develop and lead programs according to the vision for student ministry.
• Recruit and train volunteer leaders to serve in accordance with vision.
• Build and maintain relationships with kids both churched and unchurched.
• Build and maintain quality relationships with parents.
• Manage the student ministry budget.
• Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s mission, worship
services, and service.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Provide regular updates to the Associate Pastor of goals, accomplishments, prayers and praises.
1) Pastoral staff with experience and commitment to student ministry.
2) An outstanding space in which to do ministry.
3) Adults in congregation who are have a passion for working with students.
4) A creative and committed church staff team with which to work.
For further information or to submit a resume, email Pastor Sharon Rogers PastorSharon@lightofchristchurch.com