This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Orange County Chinese Christian Assembly
Garden Grove, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/26/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Provide leadership for the Youth Ministry (including junior high, high school and college students).
1. Assist in equipping and supporting a team of young adults in their own ministry and ministry to the youth and in training youth student leaders
2. Assist in the planning and leading of a weekly Friday Night Fellowship meeting
3. Assist in the planning and leading of a monthly social or evangelistic/mission event
4. Teach Sunday School on Sunday mornings rotating with Youth Minister
5. Assist in the leading of the Sunday morning worship service by preaching twice a month
6. Meet with the Pastoral staff and Deacon Board once a month
1. Mature faith in Jesus Christ with Spirit-filled background, strong commitment to Christ’s Church and burden for the salvation of the unbelievers,burdened for 2nd generation Chinese American preferred.
2. General knowledge of the Bible and basic Christian Theology
3. Experience working with youth and young adults, preferably within the contexts of the church, Christian camps and missions
4. Gifts and experience in teaching, public speaking, and leading small group Bible studies
5. Confidence in leading a team of young adults
Orange County Chinese Christian Assembly, established in 1985, has a current membership of 200, which is diverse in age groups. Pastor Stephen Lai, as the founder of this church, has pastor this church for the last twenty-four years beginning in San Diego and later moving to Orange County. The main Chinese service is held in Mandarin and we have started our English service since 2008. Pastor Lai’s vision is to build a mission-minded church by worshipping the Triune God, equipping the saints for ministry, following the Holy Spirit and reaching out to world. The youth ministry has about 35 members on Friday nights and 40 on Sundays varying from the ages of 12 to 25. Our church is in the process of developing an English Ministry for English-speaking adults and youth either of Chinese-American background or any other ethnicity.