This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Music / Assistant Pastor
Christ Independent Methodist Church
Palatka, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 03/25/2010
Categories: Senior Adult Pastor - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Minister of Music / Assistant Pastor
Works Directly For: Senior Pastor
Breakdown: 60% Music / 40% Helping Senior Pastor in Ministry (visitation, hospital calls, etc.)
Worship - Music (60%)
1. To have a music ministry that is spiritually grounded, focused, dynamic, and life changing.
2. To develop a music ministry that is not performance oriented, but on that brings glory to God.
3. To lead the church in understanding the value of music in the worship service so the church may worship God more completely and effectively.
Be committed to a relational style of ministry that promotes dynamic relationships with the church leaders and members which strengthens the positive teamwork attitude and the vision, and philosophy of the church. You will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and have a working relationship with the various boards and committees of the church.
Ministry Duties (40%)
• Plan all Senior Adult Ministry activities.
• Visitation and other Ministry related duties as directed by Senior Pastor
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Give evidence of personal faith in Jesus Christ.
• Give evidence to call to ministry.
• Possess administrative and leadership abilities.
• Have the ability to work well with others.
• Be an energetic and self-motivated leader.
• Be able to take directions and instructions, as well as give them.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5 years experience in Church Music Ministry
Ordained or willing to seek ordination
Church size: 300+ members - average attendance = 210 (150-250)