This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Pastor
Freshwater Community Church
St Bonifacius, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 03/25/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The short version:
We are looking for a motivated leader for the position of Student Ministries Pastor. The pastor who will serve in this position must be team oriented, fully supportive of the vision, purpose, and current staff of Freshwater. They must have the heart and ability to reach students for Christ, connect them with other students, help them grow in their faith, discover their unique gifts and honor God with their life.
This person must be interested in doing ministry, not just talking about it. We will hire someone who has the ability to motivate people, manage programs, and develop leaders. Ideally, this team oriented leader will possess distinct relator/developer/overseer skills that will work hand in hand with the leadership of Freshwater. This means we need someone who will be able to be part of a church that will grow to 1000 or more people. If you are looking for a small church, go somewhere else. This pastor must be enthusiastic and magnetic, so boring people need not apply.
Please send pic and location of video file so we can view if possible. No phone calls, e-mail correspondence only for intitial contact.
The longer version
The role of the Student Ministries Pastor is to lead the student ministries and advance the vision of Freshwater.
• Care for the members, attenders, and prospects of the student ministry through effective leadership, training, and empowerment.
• Manage a budget.
• Disciple students
• Recruit, lead, empower, and evaluate adult volunteers on a systematic basis.
• Effectively communicate with students and parents.
• Plan and follow through on several large scale events designed to reach students for Christ.
• Lead student retreats
• Attend student conferences with the students.
• Represent Freshwater in the community through participation in community events and activities.
• Perform weddings and funerals as directed.
• Counsel individuals and couples that are directed to you.
• Mentor adults.
• Participate in a small group.
• Maintain and advance social media channels for the purposes of reaching students and communicating with parents.
• Prepare periodic reports.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Complete continuing education requirements.
• Advance the Ministry Development Program through its implementation.
• Assist the senior pastor.
• Work as a team with other staff.
• Complete other tasks assigned.
• Be familiar with the Freshwater policy manual.
• Maintain a Christ-like attitude.
• Live with biblical integrity
• Be a cheerleader of people.
• Empower others to do ministry.
• Attend professional conferences and seminars related to specific duties.
• Grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Freshwater Community Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (Freshwater) began in April of 1999. Over the past 11 years we have grown from a launch team of 6 to over 600 with a wide variety of ministries. We have moved three times and currently reside in an 18,000 sq ft warehouse that sits on 2.5 acres of land. Freshwater has been directly involved in five church plants and desires to start a sixth.
The St. Boni community is nestled in the western most part of the Minneapolis metro area just west of Minnetonka. Over the past 10 years St. Bonifacius has doubled in size and has transitioned from a mostly rural mentality to a very suburban beat. Since opening in 1999 we have seen over 250 new conversions or recommitments, and baptized around 140 people. Our current budget for 2010 is roughly $700,000. The worship style is cutting edge and is performed by a variety of incredibly talented musicians.
The people at Freshwater are willing to try just about anything in order to reach people for Christ, help them grow in their faith, discover their ministry and honor God with their life. The dress is casual and people come because they want to not because they have to. The median age is around 35. Check out our web site for a virtual tour and for just about anything else. www.freshwaterchurch.org