This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Anointed Temple of Praise
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 03/23/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The Youth Pastor will direct, manage and oversee the children, youth and teen ministries; educate, minister to and train participants to become active in the ministry of the church; assist the Senior Pastor as needed with the ministry of the church.
Specific Area of Responsibility/Accountability:
Ensure that the ministry is coordinated and integrated into the overall ministry vision and goals of the church
• Ensure that leadership training and resource materials are available to further develop Children, Youth, and Teen Advisors
• Lead and coordinate Mid-Week Bible Study and Sunday Youth Church for children, youth and teens
Summary of Duties
• Develop a clear ministry track that measures progress of various participants within the children, youth, and teen ministries
• Assist in planning, organizing, and overseeing the implementation of objectives required by children, youth, and teen ministries
• Develop and participate in outreach ministry for children, youth and teens
• Provide Senior Youth Ministry Leaders with resource materials including program ideas, to make sure annual leadership training is received
• Monitor and develop Senior Ministry Leaders’ skills and activities
• Help create an environment that encourages productivity, rewards effort and initiative, and provides a spiritual climate in which each Senior Youth Ministry Leader can experience growth
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in teaching or training development; pursuing or has completed ordination and licensing as a minister; two-three years in management or supervision; two-three years experience serving in a ministry position in a church –sponsored, related ministry or non-profit; proven ability to communicate in written format and oral presentation skills required.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an abbreviated version of the job description. If selected for an interview, the candidate will receive the complete job description.