This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Full Time - Audio/Visual Systems Engineer
McLean Bible Church
Vienna, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 03/23/2010
Categories: Media/Technology - Music Ministry
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
The A/V Systems Engineer is responsible to ensure that the AV equipment at all Campus worship centers is operational for services and provide real-time professional services to ensure that issues are addressed during services in an efficient and professional manner. This position requires very significant weekly schedule flexibility to work primarily evenings and weekends with the ability to adjust schedule on short notice.
Ensure that AV equipment at each campus is fully operational and tested prior to services.
Participate in setup and rehearsals to ensure that all equipment is functional at the conclusion of setup with focus on control room system reliability.
Provide real-time troubleshooting and issue resolution during worship services.
Work within assigned schedules and budgets.
Work closely with team members to facilitate problem-solving and responding to needs, building strong relationships with peers, subordinates and senior staff.
Provide oversight and maintenance of an AV business continuity plan including testing and regular updating.
Assist with major projects by installing and configuring AV equipment.
The typical schedule for this position is as follows:
Thursday 2pm to 10pm (8)
Saturday 1pm to 9pm (or later as workload demands) (8)
Sunday 7:30am to 11:30pm (16)
Monday 2pm to 10pm (8)
Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or Broadcast Engineering, with relevant advanced degree work or equivalent experience preferably in broadcasting, cable, TV technology/engineering. Relevant graduate degree is desirable. CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, CTS certifications desirable, and at least two are required.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires ten or more years of mission-critical troubleshooting experience with proven leadership, engineering, and day to day operational skills. Prior church experience desired.
This position also requires knowledge of Broadcast/Cable Television engineering; large-scale live sound systems, theater and concert lighting, performance stage operations, and general logistics. Finally, the ability to resolve complex technical problems related to a high-pressure Live Broadcast environment.
1. Advanced cinema projector setup and operation to include lens alignment, pixel setup, color and grayscale balancing, drive level adjustment, hot re-lamping, and general maintenance.
2. Video control room setup and operation to include camera setup and white balancing, shading, video switch setup and input alignment touch panel operation.
3. Computer setup and operation to include IP assignment, dual display configuration, PowerPoint, Keynote, Media shout.
4. Digital Audio (Ethersound to include Auvitran, Whirlwind, Digigram, Digital Consoles to include Yamaha M7CL & DM1000, DSP’s to include Yamaha DME 64 & 32 and Rane)
5. Lighting systems (conventional and moving lights, live consoles, large-scale dimming, electrical with special skills with the MA Lighting GrandMA and the ETC Sensor Racks)
6. IP networking to include V-LAN, Subnets, Gateways, VPN, DHCP, address management.
7. Computers to include hardware, Windows7, Internet Explorer, IP address assignment.
8. Satellite operations to include encoding, modulation techniques, HPA’s, dish alignment and polarization, downlink operation and configuration.
9. FLASH Encoding and distribution
1. Working in a high-profile and high-stress (pressure to maintain on-air availability) environment.
2. Broad working knowledge of television operations, engineering, systems, equipment, vendors, and software.
3. High level of intelligence and common sense.
4. Ability, willingness, and stamina to carry a heavy workload.
5. Excellent time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
6. Strong people skills.
7. Personal initiative and resourcefulness; ability to act and resolve needs independently.
8. Self confidence.
9. Collaborative style patience for change.
10. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
11. Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
12. Ability to work at heights from ladders and/or moving lifts.
13. Ability to perform basic to advanced math calculations.
14. Ability to work in close proximity to high and low level voltages and RF radiation.
15. Ability to differentiate between colors.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is a full time position at 40 hours per week -- eligible for excellent benefits which include healthcare, dental, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, retirement fund, vacation and sick leave accrual plus...
To Apply: Please send CV, cover letter, salary requirements and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 3/23/2010