This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Leader - Part Time
Living Bridge Community Church
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 03/23/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Living Bridge Community Church is a new, non-denominational church located just North of Pittsburgh in the growing city of Gibsonia PA. Our mission is to "Change the Way People think about Church" by actually being the church. For more about who we are and what we believe visit our website at http://www.livingbridgepittsburgh.org
For a church just six months old, Living Bridge has seen tremendous blessing with an average weekly attendance of 150 people and growing. We believe God is preparing the way for His church to rise up in a community that is in need of the hope and truth that is Christ.
Living Bridge meets at the Pine-Richland Youth Center in Gibsonia, which is in itself a huge God thing! We could not have asked for a more centralized location with immediate and continuous people exposure. We feel that hiring God's chosen leader is key to our mission.
We are looking for someone to fulfill the role of worship leader on a part-time (15-20 hrs per week) basis. Please send your resume, pictures, mp3 files, videos, and or video links directly to email@example.com. Pictures, mp3's, and videos are a HUGE plus! Do not send them via the church staffing website or to the Pastors email.
If it is your desire to be at a place that is committed to developing emerging leaders, and where you will see life-change and growth on a regular basis, Living Bridge may be the place for you!
MUSIC - REQUIREMENTS AND CHARACTER
Must be a worshipper who leads worship; skilled as a vocalist and instrumentalist; one who sees worship beyond music; self motivator; teachable, personable; real; sees moral integrity and character as a high priority; is gifted in leading worship in the style of Hillsong United, David Crowder, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Paul Baloche, and Lincoln Brewster.
Major Responsibilities & Goals
• Lead out in worship on Sunday mornings
• Work in coordination w the lead pastor to help grow and develop the worship ministry at LB.
• Work with the lead pastor in producing Sunday services that allow environments for life-change to take place through various elements & avenues of worship.
• Oversee a technical arts ministry that leads out in worship through the use of the audio and visual arts.
• Recruit and Train worship and arts leaders for both current and future ministry opportunities.
• Encouraging growth both spiritually and musically to those leading within the worship arts ministry.
• Meet with the Pastor at TBD meeting times each month.
• Being open to other responsibilities and goals that develop as Living Bridge grows.
Bringing Out the Best in Others
• Leading by example and equipping those under my care
• Affirm and correct regularly, gracefully, and truthfully
• Supporting my leaders and co-leaders
• Support, encourage, and protect my teammates
• Encouraging people within my sphere of influence
• Eliminating gossip or negativity within the staff or congregation
• Keeping myself morally and spiritually pure so that my effectiveness is not hindered.
Execute with Excellence
• Being responsive to the request of the Lead Pastor
• Doing what I said I would do (being a person of your word)
• Demonstrating Professional Courtesy
• Displaying a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
• Striving to honor God as I work to serve Him at Living Bridge.
• Grow the youth & worship ministry in unity with the greater mission of Living Bridge.