This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Life Pastor
Harmony Hill Baptist Church
Lufkin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 07/09/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Family Life Pastor should meet the following personal and spiritual qualifications:
- Be able to express a personal salvation experience of faith in Jesus Christ
- Must have integrity, high moral values, and be able to express a “genuine call” to serve God and His church in the particular capacity
- Must be a licensed or ordained minister
- Meet qualifications as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- College education and preferably a degree from seminary or the equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of full-time ministry related experience
- A high level of motivation and personal accountability
- Follows the Biblical model of stewardship through tithing
- A team player with a high energy level and readiness to take on this significant challenge
- Must have the ability to plan, budget, delegate, and meet deadlines on time
- Must be in full agreement with the doctrine and teachings of the church
The purpose of the Family Life Pastor is to oversee and direct the Children’s Ministry and Life Groups Ministry to ensure that the membership of Harmony Hill Baptist Church Lives in fellowship and Increases in knowledge in accordance with the L.I.F.E purpose of Harmony Hill.
The purpose of the Family Life Pastor for Children’s Ministry is to provide a safe nurturing environment where ‘Kids Come to Life’ and where parents can attend worship and life groups comfortable that their children are in good hands.
The Family Life Pastor will oversee all aspects of Children’s Ministry birth through 5th grade, for all Sunday services, Wednesday night activities, Vacation Bible School, and other special church events that require children activities and/or child care.
The purpose of the Family Life Pastor for Life Groups is to continue to develop the life groups of Harmony Hill by casting vision, recruiting, equipping and training life groups leaders and developing methods of assimilating people into life groups.
The Family Life Pastor should have the desire so see that each person who attends Harmony Hill participates in a life group. This is a pastoral role that calls for a mission mindset in growing the life group ministry.
The Family Life Pastor will ensure that the church has a smooth and successful functioning life group intake process, along with new leader development process.
A proven and successful track record of leading, managing, maturing, and multiplying life groups is essential.
The Family Life Pastor is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and training for the children’s ministry and life groups of Harmony Hill.
The following list outlines the general responsibilities of the Family Life Pastor:
1. Lead all aspects of the Children’s Ministry and Life Groups Ministry.
2. Focus on 4 major tasks:
? Build a leadership team
? Connect people to Community
? Develop the members of the group
? Multiply the ministry
3. Oversee the budget and financial decisions for the Children’s Ministry and Life Groups Ministry.
4. Supervise and manage paid staff as well as volunteers in children’s ministry and life group ministry.
5. Assist in the selection and/or development of curriculum.
6. Develop strategic plans for growth in all aspects of these ministries.
7. Recruit, train, and motivate, leaders and coordinators.
8. Develop a leadership training process so leaders may train new leaders.
9. Develop Life Groups diversity - i.e. support groups, discipleship groups, seeker groups, foundation groups, serving groups, accountability groups, affinity groups, etc.
10. Develop strategies for assimilating new believers, regular attendees, and newcomers into life groups.
11. Assist life group leaders as they address challenges within their groups.
12. Work with life group leaders to identify new emerging leaders within their groups.
13. Monitor the health and effectiveness of each life group.
14. Organize and implement the strategic discipleship of children as new believers.
15. Provide programs and counsel for families with children including parent training and resources.
16. Be available on Sunday morning to greet families as they drop off their children and help them became part of a life group.
17. To perform other duties as assigned.