DO NOT CONTACT THE CHURCH ABOUT THIS POSITION: Send worship samples and resumes to: email@example.com
Position Reports To: Executive Pastor
Position Directly Supervises:
Paid Staff: Orchestra Director
Unpaid Staff: Wednesday Night Praise & Worship Leader Sunday Praise Team
Develop, implement, oversee and evaluate an effective and comprehensive worship/music ministry to allow every person to encounter Jesus every time they enter the building. The ministry includes choirs, orchestras, praise & worship teams, special music, musicals, nursing home ministry teams and other special music. Provide leadership to develop a strong team of unpaid staff/volunteer workers committed to the worship/music ministry. Serve as the team lead in the development and implementation of a new adult Sunday school program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish vision, ministry philosophy, objectives and strategies for the ministry that are coordinated and integrated into the church mission and vision.
2. Develop an annual strategic plan for the ministry. The plan should include ministry goals, strategies, and initiatives that account for prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, acquiring/recruiting volunteers and planning an appropriate budget.
3. Manage expenditures to work within the approved annual budget.
4. Develop, implement, oversee and evaluate an effective and comprehensive worship/music ministry. The ministry plan should include integration of all aspects of worship and music.
• Plan, rehearse and direct Sunday morning and Sunday evening choirs. Update website for choir.
• Oversee the orchestra.
• Plan, rehearse and lead Sunday morning and Sunday evening worship.
• Plan and coordinate all special music-soloist, groups, visiting groups.
• Easy Worship – place tunes in computer file each week
• Oversees nursing home ministries – 6 teams going out weekly.
• Plans and directs special musicals (kids and adults Christmas, etc.)
• Oversees all Praise & Worship, choirs and special music for ministries, auxiliaries, and special events.
5. Work with the Media Staff to plan for sound, lighting, recording, overheads and video needs and insure they are coordinated with the worship/music.
6. Recruit, equip, motivate and provide ongoing training and encouragement to develop quality leaders and volunteers for all areas of worship/music ministry ministries.
7. Serve, along with the Outreach Coordinator, as the team lead to develop and implement a new adult Sunday school program.
• Determine the key objectives of the new program.
• Using a participative process with all key stakeholders, including staff and teachers, to develop a long range structure.
• Develop an implementation plan to move toward the long range structure over time.
Has overall responsibility for all worship, music and singing programs, and activities for worship services, ministries, auxiliaries and special events of the church. This includes choirs, orchestras, praise & worship teams, special music, musicals, nursing home ministry teams and other special music.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES DESIRED:
1. Strong organizational skills to manage the day-to-day operations of a complex ministry with a large number of volunteers, as well as, plan and organize large events and activities.
2. Strong interpersonal skills to interact with large groups of volunteers, media staff, ministry leaders and church members in a highly visible ministry.
3. Current ministry credentials with the Assemblies of God.
4. Flexible and able to adjust music style to align with the pastor’s vision.
5. Experience in recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
6. Spirit-filled, on fire for Jesus, and growing in Him.
Candidates must possess all of the following:
1. A person of mature Christian experience and knowledge with a testimony to an experience of the "new birth" and filled with the
2. Fully subscribe to the Tenets of Faith as set forth in the Constitution and adopted by the Church.
3. Committed to supporting the Church through tithes and offerings according to the Scriptures.
4. A bachelor’s degree in music or a related area.
5. Three (3) years experience in directing choirs, leading worship, etc.
6. Plays at least one instrument.
1. Normal workweek is Monday through Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm, with a 1 hour lunch, support for regular Wednesday and Sunday services, and rehearsals.
2. Some longer than normal work weeks
3. Meeting the needs for special services and events outside the regular services.
4. Counseling services after hours.
5. On call seven days a week for emergency situations
6. Requires occasional overnight travel to attend Annual Staff retreats and Semi-annual staff training (Conferences, Workshops