DO NOT CONTACT THE CHURCH ABOUT THIS POSITION. SEND RESUMES AND WORSHIP SAMPLES TO: email@example.com
Vibrant and multi-cultural church is looking for a worship pastor. The candidate must be familiar with word of faith ministries and have worship pastoring experience at a church of a 1000 or more.
• Lead, manage, and oversee the daily operations of the music ministry.
• Lead the technical staff of Victory who are responsible for oversight of the technical teams involved with each of our worship services.
• Build strong leaders and effective teams of workers in the music ministry. Recruit, train and develop, both spiritually and musically, individuals, praise bands and praise teams that will be used to lead worship.
• Develop and coordinate special worship services for seasonal and non-seasonal events (Easter, “All This for a King” in December, etc.)
• Proactively seek and build leaders according to their gifting.
• Clearly communicate vision and strategy on a consistent basis.
• Establish departmental goals and objectives and develop a long-range plan for the music ministry in collaboration with the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.
• Assist the Pastoral Care office with meeting pastoral care needs of the congregation and especially those involved in the music ministry.
• Be responsible for proper copyright obligations and documentation.
• Assist in preaching and teaching duties as agreed upon with the Senior Pastor.
• Perform weddings and funerals as requested.
Education & Theology
• A college degree in a music discipline is preferred but not required if the applicant’s ministry experience and life experience are sufficient.
• The candidate must demonstrate a history of ongoing personal and professional development.
• The candidate must be able to fully agree with the doctrine and teachings of Victory Family Church. The candidate will be required to listen to some message series by the senior pastor, Pastor John, and discuss their understanding of these messages. A strong Biblical foundation is of utmost importance
• The candidate should have experience in a multiple staff church setting, with a minimum of 5 years ministry experience. The ideal candidate has experience in a church setting with multiple services working through a volunteer workforce.