To Interested Applicants,
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, a 6,000 + member church on the north side of Indianapolis, seeks a full time, energetic, and intentional Associate Director for Jr. High to work with a team of youth ministers and volunteers to connect with Jr. High Students. St. Luke’s youth ministries has 650 prospective students in grades 6-12. The youth ministries mission is to welcome youth into loving, Christ-centered relationships where they can get in tune with God’s amazing love and be empowered to transform the world.
The following statements involve the core identity of St. Luke’s:
St. Luke’s Identity Statement: St. Luke’s is an open community of Christians gathering to seek, celebrate, live and share the love of God for all creation.
St. Luke’s Vision Statement: We envision being transformed by God, and transforming the world into a compassionate, just, inclusive, Christ-like community.
The Method: We experience God’s unconditional love, embrace hope, grow in faith, and become empowered by our passion for ministry and service in the world.
Associate Director for Junior High Youth
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
Reports to: Director of Youth Ministries
Effective: March 1, 2010
Status: Full-time; exempt
The Associate Director for Junior High Youth ministries provides intentional ministry for grades 6-8. This Associate brings energy to the Jr. High youth, develops youth and adult leadership, works as a team with the Associate Director for Sr. High Youth and Director of Youth Ministries, connects well with teens, and creates ministry opportunities that promote youth involvement at St. Luke’s UMC.
Areas of Responsibility:
The responsibilities of the Associate Director for Junior High Youth Ministries include:
• Intentional coordination with the Director of Youth Ministries and the Associate Director for Sr. High Youth for a holistic approach to youth ministry
• Assist the Director in recruiting, leading, and mentoring volunteers specifically for Jr. High Ministry
• Conduct monthly training, planning, and resourcing meetings for volunteers
• Assist the director in the development and mentoring of High School students to mentor Jr. High students
• Partner with parents to facilitate spiritual growth in teens
• Mentor youth according to their potential for growth and development
• Provide age appropriate ministry for sixth through eighth grade students
• Develop, organize and provide Sunday morning and Sunday night options for Jr. High students
• Speak and teach on a weekly basis to Jr. High students
• Organize monthly activities that help Jr. High Students to connect with one another
• Provide service opportunities in the community that are age appropriate
• Develop outreach opportunities that will draw into our group a wide range of students
• Connect with students on and off campus
• Develop, organize, and lead seasonal Jr. High retreats and annual work camp trips
• Manage a Jr. High budget as well as youth ministry resources
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Ensure protection process by conducting background checks for volunteers, collecting & filing medical consents forms, and following policy concerning transportation of teens
• Set reservations for trips in the area of housing and transportation
• Weekly communication with volunteers
• Consistent communication with parents through e-mail, phone, and texting
• Communication through our church’s weekly bulletin, monthly publication, and quarterly publication
• Utilize technology (website, video, texting, facebook & social media)
• Attend weekly Staff Chapel
• Lead staff chapel as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree
• One to three years of youth ministry experience
• Understand and respect for United Methodist theology and polity
• Embrace the identity and vision of St. Luke’s
• Growing in personal faith
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to the attention of Kevin Davis, Director of Youth Ministries, via email DavisK@stlukesumc.com or through the mail: St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 100 W. 86th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260.
The position includes benefits (health insurance, retirement, etc.) and the salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications received by April 10th will receive first consideration.
For more information regarding St. Luke’s and youth ministry, visit www.stlukesumc.com.
Blessings & Peace,
Director of Youth Ministries 317-846-3404 ext. 326
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
St. Luke's UMC
St. Luke's is an open community of Christians gathering to seek, celebrate, live and share the love of God for all creation. We envision being transformed by God and transforming the world into a compassionate, just, inclusive, Christ-like community More...