This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Connecting Ministry
Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada
Date Posted: 03/10/2010
Categories: Pastoral Care Pastor - Small Group Pastor
Denominations: Missionary Church
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Profile: Pastor of Connecting Ministry
The Pastor of Connecting Ministry is a passionate, visionary leader who will lead an exceptional team of volunteers by engaging, supporting and equipping them with the intent to create a strong network of small groups and connection environments throughout the church body.
1. A demonstrated compassion for the broken hearted, for the body of Christ, and a genuine desire to see transformational growth in individuals through the power and grace of God.
2. A person of vision with a proven track record of organizational leadership excellence and the ability to empower volunteers in a healthy environment where growth is the norm and values are held in high regard.
3. A broad range of experience in a large church or organizational setting, including strategic planning and the leading of a small group ministry.
4. A clear understanding of relational environments and how people connect and serve, along with the abilities and experience in cultivating such environments where community happens and people engage in the greater story of Jesus.
5. A person with appropriate biblical studies and some level of training and experience in counseling and/or social work.
6. Committed to establishing opportunities that provide an environment of spiritual and relational growth for individuals and families.
As a team player on the ministry team at CrossRoads Church the Pastor of Connecting Ministry shall adhere to the following standards:
1. Live and uphold a lifestyle that models an Elder of the church, as defined by the scriptures.
2. Become a member of CrossRoads Church.
3. Understand and support the vision, mission, and strategic direction of CrossRoads Church.
4. Uphold the team values of CrossRoads Church.
5. Recruit, empower, develop and retain volunteers.
6. Must be in a agreement and sign our Lifestyle Agreement.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Creating, revising and evaluating direction and strategies for Connecting Ministries and its small groups, aligning the strategy with the DNA and vision of CrossRoads Church and communicating a consistent vision and plan to the congregation.
2. Identifying and developing existing and future leaders and gifted people for service, encouraging and enabling them through training and mentorship resulting in the increase of our network of Connecting Ministry lay leaders to keep pace with the growth of our church family.
3. Intentionally define, develop and cultivate environments and outlets within the church family settings where people can share their story with one another, but also engage in the greater story and see their place and role.
4. Defining, developing and delivering “Next Steps” into our church community for those new to our church family, be they believers or otherwise, resulting in people sensing a connection to the church family as quickly as possible. These new people should have a good understanding of our vision and direction.
5. Defining, developing and delivering “Next Steps” for new and older believers resulting in a deeper active walk following Jesus.
6. Communicating the vision and DNA of the church throughout the church family, primarily through the small groups and other creative ways.
7. Developing a sense of community within each small group where pastoral care, baptisms, baby dedications and communion are administered within.
8. Identifying and developing future leaders and gifted people for service in the Connecting Ministry.
9. Participate in pastoral care with the rest of the pastoral team as required.
10. Administering the Connecting Ministry budget.
The Pastor of Connecting Ministry will be accountable to the Executive Pastor, and subject to regular performance reviews.
Position Position Compensation
Permanent Full-time Negotiable within the salary range of CrossRoads Church, background and experience.
One can only learn so much from a resume so in order to help us get a more complete picture of you and your interest in the position at CrossRoads Church please provide succinct responses to the following questions:
1. Describe your faith in Jesus. Tell us how you came to know the Lord, and about your journey with Him, your current walk and how your relationship with Him has affected your ministry to date.
2. How has your Christian faith impacted the way you work as a manager/leader?
3. Describe two of the most defining experiences from your spiritual pilgrimage that have helped you as a person, disciple and servant of Jesus.
4. Please provide us with your philosophy of ministry.
When completing your resume, please include the following information for each position you’ve held in the last 10 years:
Type of ministry
Size of organization
Your place in the organization
Specific accomplishments that you personally achieved
Please provide 5 references, including your pastor, at least one supervisor, a peer, and volunteer entrusted to your lead, and a person who you have befriended who has yet to enter into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (i.e. neighbour, friend, co-worker, etc.).
Submit the resume and references to:
38105 Rge. Rd. 275 Red Deer County AB T4S 2N4
(403) 347-6425; Fax (403) 347-9734
To request an Opportunity Profile with more information contact Kendra Berniko at KendraB@CrossRoadsChurch.ca.