At Abundant Life Church we’re all about leading people to Jesus Christ and equipping them to be fully effective followers.
Almost everyone who is part of our church was unchurched before they came. That’s the way we want it. We are looking for someone who’s heart is reaching the children of the community with the Good News. Is that you?We’re a contemporary charismatic church using creative methods to grab people’s minds so the Holy Spirit can grab their hearts.
As we do this, the role of Children’s Pastor is a key role. Your primary responsibilities will be building an effective children’s program communicating the love of Jesus Christ to children from birth through 5th grade. We’ll expect you to lead the elementary group, develop volunteers, and plan and carry out exciting activities with our children. Experience with children’s productions or children’s music programs would be helpful. If your spouse has a heart to work with children or in music, that’s even better. We’re looking for someone who is sold out to God, committed to ministry, and works well in a team environment. We are looking for someone who children will enjoy being around, and who really loves being around children.
You also need to be effective at being a pastor to the adults who serve in our children’s ministry. Being effective in reaching the kids, but failing to build up team of adult workers would not be considered to be a success. One of your key responsibilities would be to build a sustainable Children’s ministry. We are a staff led church, which means that the people doing the ministry make the decisions.
It’s a high profile position, and you will have a lot of responsibility. You will need to be a person who enjoys hard work, and really wants to help us build the church by winning people to Christ. You will report to the Lead Pastor. You can find out a whole lot more about us by going to our website www.abundantlifechurch.tv.
We’re a charismatic church. We believe that God does awesome things through people who may not have exactly the same beliefs that we do, but we want everyone on our leadership team to agree on the basics. We want to encourage you to listen to some of our messages and check out our statement of faith before you apply. This position is a half-time position.
We expect the starting pay to be about $18,000 per year. We provide paid vacation, we’ll help with your health insurance cost, and we’ll provide some limited assistance with relocation. Our church is in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
It’s a small city with about 40,000 people including the small town of Dewey next door. It’s a family oriented community with some of the best public schools in the state. We also have some excellent Christian schools available if you’re looking for that. Our public schools have exceptional fine arts and sports programs, and we have a very active arts program in the community too. With Tulsa just 40 miles away, you can find just about anything you might want in terms of arts, entertainment, and food just a short drive away. Here are a few things that you need to know before you apply.
• We’re a charismatic church. In order to be considered for the position, you’d need to believe that the Gifts of the Spirit are for today’s church, and they would need to be part of your personal experience.
• We’re looking for someone who wouldn’t experience significant culture shock in coming here. That means that you are probably not more than about 500 miles away, or you have a significant link to Oklahoma (e.g., you grew up here). It also means that you’d be comfortable in a community our size.
• You recognize that it is a part-time position. With growth, it could become a full-time position, but that may be some time away. If you’re interested in applying for the position, please EMAIL your ministry resume with cover letter.
We’ll then send you a job application to fill out that will give our search team some of the critical information we need in order to find the right person for Abundant Life.
A few additional items of interest:
• Job Category: Children’s Pastor
• Pay to relocate: Yes, but limited
• Job Status: Half-time
• Denomination: Non-denominational Charismatic
• Church Size: 101-250
• Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and worship)