This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Katy, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 03/03/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Applicants Must Meet the Following Requirements
1) Resumes must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Five years experience in a church of simalar size.
3) Seminary Graduate.
4) Subscribe to the Baptist Faith and Message.
FIRST BAPTIST KATY
Outreach and Ministry
The Student Minister reports to the Minister of Education and is responsible for assisting staff and leadership in the development and execution of a comprehensive ministry.
The Minister should be:
• Called by God to the ministry and have a heart for student ministry.
• Theologically competent and growing in his walk.
• Reliable and Competent in Student Ministry .
• Self-starter/ Team player/ Professional/ Flexible.
1. Support the vision of the Pastor and Church.
2. Cast a vision and lead the work of the Student Ministry thru developing our volunteer base for meaningful and effective Student Ministry.
3. Lead in teaching and developing teachers in the Student Ministry.
4. Lead in discipling our students within our ministry and prospects for our ministry.
5. Creativity develop weekly events through games, videos, music, etc.
6. Lead in contacting prospects and inactive students.
7. Minister to parents and leadership.
8. Able to counsel from a Biblical perspective with wisdom.
9. Lead volunteer Student Ministry staff in workers meetings and vision planning.
1. Discover strategies to reach students at Katy schools.
• Develop Campus Coaches
• Develop Christian Clubs on campuses
2. Develop opportunities for students to be exposed to missions.
• Examples: Project: Serve – Saturday service projects for entire family.
• Summer Mission Trip – Assist in planning with Student Minister.
• Journey Men
3. Finalize Sunday morning Bible Study details.
4. Develop Volunteer Student Leadership Teams.