First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
Non-Exempt Position – 20 hrs per week, benefits
Deadline to apply: March 17, 2010
PLEASE APPLY TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW AND NOT TO CHURCHSTAFFING.COM
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Music Ministries and the music program at First Pres, including the support and facilitation of multiple choirs and special events as well as weekly and ongoing responsibilities related to events, budgets, communication, equipment and music libraries. Some additional work hours may be needed 2-3 times per year for special concerts.
• Tracking schedules, calendars, subscriptions, appointments, correspondence, etc. for the Director of Music Ministries
• Event production, including room reservations, parking arrangements, childcare, food, orchestra needs, etc.
• Communication, including event programs, publicity in all forms, choir newsletters and other forms of communication with choir members, creating music files and hymn lyrics for worship bulletins as well as responding to emails, phone calls, etc.
• Sheet music, including ordering, distributing to choirs and musicians as needed, liaising with choir librarians, overseeing orchestra music library
• Maintaining accurate and current choir rosters/databases and musician and music/hymn databases
• Financial, including tracking music department budget items, event costs and registrations, check requests, reimbursement forms, ordering supplies, assisting with fund-raisers
• Equipment oversight, including ordering high school choir uniforms and making sure performance equipment, e.g. music stands, orchestra lights, candle holders, etc. is available and in good condition.
• Making sure all music program information is current and correct on the First Pres web site
• Attending staff, worship planning or music planning meetings as needed.
• Performing other duties as requested by supervisor
DESIRED SKILL SET:
• Ability to read music. A degree in music would be very helpful
• Choral experience (helpful in understanding the scope and subtleties of this position)
• Demonstrated administrative or organizational/project management experience
• Ability to prioritize special projects and regular work, including last-minute needs and the extra work involved in concerts and special events
• Good people skills with an ability to work with staff and volunteers
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to take direction and also work independently
• Proactive in special project planning and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated experience with producing publicity – flyers, brochures, programs, web pages
• Proficient knowledge of many software programs including: Word, Excel, Finale, Publisher or PageMaker, as well as willingness and ability to learn new software applications. Database programs, especially Shelby, and web page or html skills are highly desirable.
• Personal faith in Jesus Christ
Schedule: 20 hours/week, to be arranged with supervisor. Some extra hours or schedule changes may be required 2-3 times per year for major concerts.
Reports to: Director of Music Ministries
Other: Criminal record background check is required for employment. Benefits.
For more information or to apply: Bonnie Rauscher, email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
PowerPoint Ministries Customer Service Coordinator & Administrative AssistantPrestonwood Baptist Church
- Plano, Texas
- December 6
Campus Worship LeaderCalvary Chapel Church
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- December 5
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
First Presbyterian Church
We are a community thoughtfully engaged in our faith, embracing people of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, and circumstances. This is a place where questions can be asked, honest reflection is encouraged, creativity is cultivated, and where faith is not a formula, but a life lived. We seek to be engaged locally and around the world, to listen and to learn, to embody justice and compassion, and to share the love of Jesus Christ in tangible ways as we journey together. More...