This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate / Youth Pastor
Community Gospel Church
Bremen, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 03/03/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
• Provide vision, leadership, and coordination of Student Ministries. Provide oversight and coaching for student ministries and the volunteer leadership staff in developing an effective ministry. (65% of time)
• Provide vision, leadership, and coordination of outreach for CGC. Provide oversight and coaching for volunteer leadership staff in developing an effective ministry. (25% of time)
• Provide Sunday Worship Service pulpit support for Senior Pastor 2 out of every 8 weeks. (15% of time)
• Promote a church-wide environment of unity, grace, forgiveness, and acceptance.
• Vision & Strategy: Develop and produce a strategic plan for student ministry which supports the vision of CGC, and is integrated with strategic plans for Adults and Children’s Ministries. The plan will include: Worship, Discipleship, Fellowship, Serving, Outreach & Missions.
• Discipleship: Oversee an ongoing system of classes, seminars, and other learning opportunities for students and parents.
Students: Help students grow in their Christian faith through developing a hunger for God and His Word. Build a mentoring relationship with students. Actively support students in their involvement in small groups.
Parents: Enable parents to minister to their students. Provide parent updates on curriculum. Provide parents class once a year. Develop or provide resources to encourage faith discussions at home.
• Fellowship: Lead a variety of events that have a fun, engaging, relationship building focus. Annually plan and coordinate student events for the purpose of community building, spiritual growth and outreach. Summer camp to be one of the events.
• Worship: Leadership and development of worship for students. Encourage the active involvement of students in the corporate worship. A commitment to developing corporate and individual prayer.
• Pastoral Care and Counseling: Provide for students and their families.
• Ministry–Equipping for Service:
Leaders: Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer leadership for student ministry. Ensure ongoing training for all volunteer leaders. Conduct training sessions with all ministry volunteers. Equip leaders and ministry teams according to the mandates of Ephesians 4:7-16. Meet with the Student Leadership Team for planning, goal setting and evaluation.
Students: Prepare students for leadership by identifying, nurturing and resourcing potential leaders. Pursue opportunities to engage the students in practical outreach activities in the local community.
• Outreach & Missions: Develop intentional pathways that will allow the students to be involved in faith-sharing mission activities and outreach (local and global). Opportunities to collaborate with local schools are pursued.
• Bring specific leadership to Outreach Ministries. Annually plan, recruit and oversee volunteer leadership staff that will coordinate:
Outreach events that’s primary purpose is to serve those in need for CGC family. Can be in partnership with other local organizations. Partner with Senior Pastor to provide outreach opportunities as he develops fellowship and small group community ministries.
Outreach events that’s primary purpose is to reach our community. Partner with Director of Ministries and Operations to support outreach events for women and children, as well as overall communications and use of technology.
Develop for CGC a partnership with other local organizations that individuals at CGC can contact for service opportunities.
• Serve as pastoral staff representation on the Missions committee
Work with missions committee to help provide leadership in local Outreach events that’s primary purpose is to serve those in need.
Work with the missions committee to provide annual opportunities for CGC to serve those in need either regionally or globally.
Partner with Senior Pastor and/or Bible Fellowship Superintendent in providing learning opportunities on personal evangelism.
Provide Sunday Worship Service pulpit support for Senior Pastor 2 out of every 8 weeks. Partner with Senior Pastor to co-teach sermon series. Partner with Director of Ministries and Operations to advise sermon focus and application points to be used in the balance of the service planning.
• Provide pastoral support for the congregation when the Senior Pastor is on leave of absence.
• Personal Growth and Renewal. Dedicate significant time to renewal, reading and research for personal and organizational health. This will include scheduled times for renewal, study, long-range planning and prayer. Set aside time each week praying for the leadership, ministries and direction of CGC.
• Support and submit to leadership/vision of the Senior Pastor. Attend staff meetings.
• A vital and growing personal faith in Christ as Savior and Lord. Possess the Biblical qualifications for an elder (I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; I Peter 5:1-4)
• A heart for evangelism, outreach, and building community around CGC.
• Have strong public speaking ability. A gifted communicator. Communicate the Word of God with clarity and conviction (II Timothy 2:15).
• Evangelical in theology. Able to sign CGC Statement of Faith without reservation.
• Strong social and relational skills and enjoys building and maintaining relationships with students, parents, and the local community.
• A positive, affirming, unifying spirit. A team player. Ability to work in partnership with Pastoral staff and Elders.
• Bachelors Degree in Ministry. Master of Divinity a plus.
• Strong in strategic leadership and ministry development with a passion to equip and train leaders.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in full-time pastoral ministry in a growing church setting of 300 or more.