This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries/Teaching Pastor
BridgeWay Community Church
Fishers, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 03/01/2010
Categories: Teaching Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Purpose: To serve as a leader on our pastoral team to realize your vision for student ministries and a member of our teaching team to realize our vision for multi-site.
The Right Person:
1. Walk with Jesus: To be Student Ministries-Teaching Pastor you must love Jesus with all your heart, soul, and strength, and love your neighbors (i.e. your family) as yourself. What matters most is what Jesus is doing in you not through you.
2. Visionary Leader: To be Student Ministries-Teaching Pastor you must have a grasp of youth culture, and a vision to reach the students inside and outside the church. Deconstructing old models is easy; constructing new models is hard.
3. Authentic Communicator: To be Student Ministries-Teaching Pastor you must be an authentically biblical and relational communicator, with a track record of being used by God to change lives in both youth and adult contexts.
4. Additional Requirements: 10 years leadership experience with a team-building track record; ability to communicate with excellence via spoken and written word; an inquisitive reader of both books and people; bachelors degree or higher in related field; meets elder qualifications in Titus 1 & 1 Timothy 3.
The Right Seat:
1. Missional Innovator: The world is changing more rapidly than our ministry models, and so we are not truly reaching students inside or outside the church. Your job will be to find innovative ways that we can take the church out to the students, and not just wait for the students to come into the church.
2. Leadership Developer: To lead our student ministries, it is not good enough to be “good with the kids.” You will need to devote yourself and your time to developing the right students and the right adults. (i.e. the leaders) You will need to find the critical balance of ministering to others and through others.
3. Strategic Implementer: You will be the lead pastor to a congregation larger than 90% of the churches in North America. While you won’t need the spiritual gift of administration, you will need the personal gift of getting things done. The difference between a visionary and a dreamer is the visionary wakes up.
4. Sunday Communicator: While 75% of your energy will be spent leading our student ministries and staff, 25% will be spent as a teaching pastor in our Sunday morning services. Your teaching will not only enable us to realize our vision of multi-site, it will help you realize your vision for student ministries.
The Right Bus:
God continues to bring us staff members who are truly exceptional people. Each of us works exceptionally hard, but what makes us different than other churches we’ve served is that while we are exceptionally loving to each other, we are also exceptionally honest with each other. To ride on this bus, you need to know how to fight, but you also need to know how to have fun.
If you believe you may be the right person in the right seat (and that we are the right bus for you), forward your resume and an MP3/CD/DVD of you teaching in a Sunday morning context to Kim DeNardin at email@example.com.