This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Community Bible Church
Marietta , Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 02/25/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Community Bible Church (CBC) is currently seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Director who seeks to launch kids into a lifetime of following Jesus Christ through caring, Christ-centered relationships and teaching. We have a strong children’s ministry in place, known as Treasure Mountain, encompassing children from birth through fifth grade, utilizing a staff of approximately 250 volunteers. Therefore, we desire a leader who not only has a heart for reaching children for Christ, but who can continue to build and unite current and future staff while exhibiting strong organizational skills. A proven track record of visionary oversight, and the building and equipping of teams is critical. This person must be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ who demonstrates godly character, a servant’s heart and is a team player. He or she must exhibit the ability to promote and administer creative programs that appeal to both churched and unchurched families. Children’s programs already established at CBC which would be overseen by this position include:
• Sunday Morning Ministries including Nursery, Sunday School and
age-appropriate worship programs (200+ children)
• Wednesday evening Awana Clubs (preschool through fifth grade) and childcare (200+ children)
• Annual, summer Vacation Bible School (preschool through fifth grade) and childcare (250+ children)
• Annual, week-long Junior Camp overnight camp (75+ children third through fifth grade)
Located in Marietta, Pennsylvania, Community Bible Church serves the communities of Lancaster, York, and Dauphin Counties with a regional population of approximately 1,000,000. The area is economically stable, growing, and full of young families. Our desire is to be a place where Loving God, Loving Others, and Reaching Out is the basis for all we do. With a 59 year history, we at CBC desire to shape our ministry for future generations while honoring a rich heritage. The church reflects a casual atmosphere to welcome everyone.
We would prefer, but do not require the following:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Bible from an accredited Evangelical College or Seminary.
2. Two years or more of children’s ministry or equivalent combination of education and experience in a church of comparable size or larger.
3. Training/education in childhood development.