A large, Evangelical church located in Northeastern Ohio seeks a senior pastor with a heart for outreach.
We have many outreach ministries including for those struggling with divorce and other broken relationships, grief and various addictions; an outreach to the homeless, Upwards Basketball and a vibrant youth ministry, just to name a few. Theologically, we are of the Wesleyan/Arminian tradition and desire candidates who will support its teachings.
We have a large facility (approximately 150,000 square feet) housing a daycare, unaffiliated Christian school (K-12) and a café. Our average weekend attendance is around 1,000 and we are looking to grow.
The desired candidate should be skilled in exegesis and able to preach to a diverse audience, leading people to a deeper, experiential knowledge of Christ. The qualified candidate should also possess a proven track record leading a congregation or a significant ministry. Other desired qualities:
• A gifted, spirit-filled, Biblical preacher/teacher
• Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
• HumbleResponsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Preaching at three weekend services (1 on Saturday, two on Sunday) and providing oversight to the worship venue
• Casting the vision for the church
• Leading Bible studies or small groups
• Encouraging church growth through evangelism and discipleship
• Overseeing church administrator and staff pastors, offering guidance and support to them in their areas of ministry
• Participating in weddings, funerals, baptisms, infant dedications, anointings, Lord’s Supper services
• Denominational representationInterested candidates should e-mail their resumes and links to sermons/worship services to: email@example.com.