This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Graphic Designer (Worship Production)
The Woodlands United Methodist Church
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/18/2010
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 7501 to 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Woodlands United Methodist Church / Communications & Media Department is seeking an experienced graphic designer for the purpose of advancing the message of Jesus Christ through dynamic visual communications. A successful candidate has a focused passion for worship. Candidate has experience with graphic production in a live worship setting. Candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for detail. The ability to find creative solutions and successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities is also necessary.
- Design and edit still graphics for a wide of variety of uses in worship
- Compile and format written worship content for projection screens and TV monitors
- Load and manage graphics and videos onto computer-based worship production software
- Operate worship production software during live worship
- Research, compile and edit photos and other visual elements for use as sermon illustrations under the direction of Pastors
- Design, implement and edit graphics under the creative direction of the Worship Arts Director
- Produce collateral materials such as flyers, prayer request cards, bulletin shells, etc. and submit them to third-party print vendors
- Attend worship planning meetings to brainstorm and facilitate the creation and delivery of worship content for multiple worship styles and venues, including sermon illustrations, graphics and videos
- Assist with creation and installation of large format graphics and other visual elements in display areas
- Interact and collaborate with department team members, ministry staff and pastors
Candidate MUST have previous worship production experience to be considered for this job. Relevant college degree and three to five years experience in a creative, professional church environment required; Proficiency in Adobe CS3 software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) is required. Macintosh platform experience required. Proven success with concept development, layout, color theory and typography is required. Experience with ProPresenter® or MediaShout® worship presentation software is preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office® software preferred; Experience with animation software such as Adobe After Effects® preferred. Photography experience preferred.
This is a full-time salary position with competitive benefits and paid vacation. Work hours are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Thursdays & Fridays, 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Saturdays, and 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Sundays. Some flexible or extended hours may be required during Christmas, Easter and other special events. This position reports directly to the Worship Arts Director and works closely with the Traffic Manager, Director of Communications, and Pastor of Worship.
Submit cover letter, resume, and PDF, photos or web-based design samples to Mike Sims, Director of Communications at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Previous applicants need not apply.