This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Northwest Bible Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/16/2010
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
To apply for this job opening, please send us your resume, an Employment Application (located on our website), and a cover letter toTina Johnson at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 214-265-1609 or mail to: Human Resources, Northwest Bible Church, 8505 Douglas Avenue, Dallas, TX 75225. www.northwestbible.org/jobs.
Reports to: Minister of Worship
Works with: Worship Ministry Team
Supervises: Adult Choir
Hours/Salary: 10 to 15 hours per week; $10,000 to $15,000 per year.
Scope: To serve on a part-time basis by leading the adult choir on Sunday mornings, by rehearsing with the adult choir on Wednesday evenings and by caring for the needs of the adult choir.
• Direct the choir in Sunday services and in Wednesday night rehearsals.
• Recruit, train and retain volunteers to serve in the adult choir.
• Be responsible for the choir’s appearance, sound and delivery.
• Procure, maintain and store robes and other equipment used by the choir.
• Maintain and organize the existing music library and incorporate new music on an as needed basis. Ensure the preservation and availability of printed music in which the church has a substantial investment.
• Participate in special worship services as necessary, such as: Christmas Eve, Easter and Good Friday.
Leadership Development (5%)
• Disciple and care for adult choir members.
Personal Development (5%)
• Develop spiritual life through study, prayer and fellowship.
• Develop professionally on a continuing basis by attending conferences, reading relevant literature and connecting with other music ministries in the Dallas area.