This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministry
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Date Posted: 02/16/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Bethel Church is committed to the spiritual formation of our children, youth and families. We believe in the transforming power of God’s Word and the practical application through service. Sending your resume to Bethel means you are serious about a team approach to ministry.
We are seeking a pastor who will give leadership to student ministries – training and equipping staff, volunteers and parents as disciple-makers. You will work collaboratively with our Pastor of Children’s Ministries developing and implementing a comprehensive spiritual growth pathway for children, students and the families of Bethel Church.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Provide ministry oversight, development and direction that will disciple and evangelize students and their families.
• Oversee Sunday and weekday ministry programming for junior and senior high school students.
• Develop and implement comprehensive summer programming including trips, retreats, and mission projects.
• Oversee and participate in recruiting, equipping, and coaching the volunteer team.
• Develop and integrate on-going training opportunities for leadership staff and lay ministry volunteers.
• Ensure that biblical and relevant teaching is provided throughout student ministry.
• Ensure excellence in assimilating families and individuals into Bethel Church.
• Partner with parents to facilitate the spiritual growth of students.
• Provide shepherding and spiritual encouragement to ministry leaders.
• Oversee the budget and financial decisions for the ministry.
We are seeking a candidate who has previous experience in youth ministry in a large church setting and who functions well in a team environment.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org