This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Modern Worship Director (Full-Time)
Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
Lake Oswego, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 02/11/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
• The Modern Worship Director (M.W.D.) is a director level position responsible for writing, directing and producing the two modern services of worship at Lake Grove Presbyterian Church in conjunction with the senior pastor and the Exalt Ministries area team.
• The M.W. will use their gifts to lead our congregation in the worship of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Lake Grove Presbyterian Church (L.G.P.C.) is largest Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in the Cascades Presbytery and in the state of Oregon. L.G.P.C. is a leader in traditional worship with an eighty voice choir, graded children and youth choir system, a graded bell system, and a recently refurbished organ (28 ranks/1,500 pipes).
L.G.P.C. seeks a M.W.D. who is equal parts stellar musician and start-up entreprenuer. LGPC is known for having one of the best traditonal music programs in the Portland metro area. We seek an individual to build from scratch an equally impressive Modern (current/contemporary) worship service geared towards reaching out to families in the SW burbs of Portland: Lake Oswego, Tigard, Tualatin, and West Linn. You will not work alone in this venture but instead will work with the dedicated resources and staff of a large church to accomplish this goal. Current church attendance rates for a Sunday morning in Portland have been documented at 11-13%. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. You must be comfortable working in a large church setting. You must be a team player.
Specific duties include
• Act as the executive producer of the Modern worship service.
• Vocal and instrumental worship leadership at the modern services (individual must have exemplary piano or guitar skills).
• Create a weekly order of worship for our modern (8:00 & tbd) services in conjunction with the preaching staff.
• Create weekly media pieces for use in worship including weekly worship slides and community video pieces.
• Develop a community of varied instrumentalists with a passion for the worship of Jesus Christ.
• Maintain and expand an ethic of excellence in the Exalt Ministries area.
• Direct supervision of all sound, video and media needs for the Modern worship service.
• A committed and personally transformed follower of Christ
• A belief in the authority of Scripture as God’s word.
• A deep desire to see people grow in the image of Christ.
• A strong ministry track record as a servant leader.
• Demonstrated skills as a leader and experience in team building and leadership development.
• A track record of implementing and producing a successful, high quality worship program in a large church
• A demonstrated ability to work with artists and musicians and incorporate multiple art forms in worship.
• A command of Modern (current/contemporary) music styles
• An understanding of the use of media technology in worship.
• Be familiar with Final Cut Pro as well as Keynote/Powerpoint or other slide software.
• Applicants with web technology skills will be uniquely examined.
• Demonstrated people management skills (including creating a positive culture and conflict resolution)
• A bachelor’s level education in the area of music arts.
• Some theological training is preferred.
Interested applicants please send a resume, a DVD or You-Tube link of a recent example of their worship leadership, and a Microsoft Word document replying to the following three questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Question 1.What is your philosophy/theology of worship?
Question 2.What is your current favorite worship song (Title/Artist/Copyright)? Why do you like it? How have you seen God use it?
Question 3. Explain the difference between an amazing worship service and an adequate worship service. What elements are present? What does it look like? What work has gone into it?
Any application submitted without a response to these questions will be disqualified.
DVD’s can be sent to M.W.D. Search, 4040 Sunset Dr. Lake Oswego, OR 97035