This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Cradle - College Ministry Director
Bay Pointe Community Church
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 02/10/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Description: Cradle - College Ministry Director
Overall Position Win:
To develop, lead and provide vision for our Student Ministries (cradle through college) in a way that helps kids become a lifelong follower of Jesus Christ with a Biblical world view by using creative, connected and challenging age appropriate ways.
This document outlines the principle responsibilities, duties, and supervisory information for the SMD. It does not, nor is it intended to list every task that the SMD may be asked to periodically perform. Church leadership reserves the right to supersede this job description with written or verbal modification that may be necessary to accommodate changing workloads.
I. Lines of Responsibility
A. The SMD will report to the Executive Director for the setting of goals and priorities, work assignments, overall supervision and evaluation.
B. As a member of the BPCC staff he will work in accordance with the policies, practices and procedures as specified in the church’s employee manual.
II. Areas of Responsibility
The SMD will fulfill the following responsibilities and/or others that may be necessary from time to time to accommodate changing workloads:
1. First and foremost, maintain a loving and vital relationship with Jesus Christ, family members (spouse and children if applicable), and the staff, volunteers and congregation of BPCC.
2. Personally model a life committed to Bay Pointe’s “5-G’s” – Grace, Growth, Groups, Gifts and Good Stewardship.
1. Provide visionary and strategic leadership for all of Student Ministries from babies through college age kids.
2. Spend 70-80% directly running and leading ministries for birth – 6th grades.
3. Spend 20-30% providing leadership and supervision to Junior High Ministry and staff (Club 221), High School Ministry and staff (Mosaic) and College Ministry.
4. Develop a comprehensive step-based strategy that is consistent with BP’s mission, values and strategy which ultimately leads kids into activities and age appropriate spiritual disciplines strengthening them into fully devoted followers of Christ.
5. Develop and implement ways to consistently communicate the vision for Student Ministries in a way that is inspirational and energizes the church toward mobilization.
6. Develop and implement strategies to reach the kids in our community for the cause of Christ.
7. Provide regular opportunities to integrate all kids into serving opportunities both within Bay Pointe and through our compassion ministries.
8. Continually monitor the effectiveness of Student Ministries through direct inspection and through solicitation of input from staff, volunteers and kids in a spirit of openness and humility.
9. Work to ensure that Bay Pointe’s mission, vision, values and strategies are carried out with excellence, timeliness and integrity.
1. Develop curriculum, teaching, worship and programming for all services that is inviting, exciting and energy-filled for kids of all ages to help them learn the practical, relevant teaching and application of the Bible.
2. Ensure that the value of the arts in being incorporated into Student Ministries in age-appropriate ways.
3. Develop a comprehensive plan designed to strengthen family life as well as teaching and equipping parents as the primary spiritual trainers of their children.
1. Provide encouragement, strategic direction and supervision for the volunteers and volunteer team leaders.
2. Recruit, train and coach the Student Ministry volunteers ensuring that these volunteers are serving in areas that align with their passions, abilities and spiritual gifts.
3. Ensure that all volunteers are on board with BP’s mission, vision and values and that they read and execute the volunteer covenant and volunteer application prior to serving.
4. Ensure that a thorough back ground check is performed prior to a volunteer serving.
1. Develop and implement all necessary and appropriate policies and procedures to be sure Student Ministries functions in an organized and safe manner.
2. Ensure that all facilities being used are done so in a respectful way and that all facilities are well-maintained.
3. In cooperation with the Executive Director, develop and manage the annual budget for Student Ministries.
4. Attend all required meetings.
5. Write required annual and/or periodic reports for staff, elders and the congregation.
III. Required Skills
The Student Ministry Director must:
? Be a Visionary Leader
? Have the ability to Multi-Task
? Be a Team Builder
? Have the gift of Encouragement
? Have the gift of Shepherding
? Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
? Be highly organized and detail oriented
? Be a strategic, creative thinker
? Have a contagious love and passion for kids
? Have the ability to work well with adults
? Have a working knowledge of current technology to connect with kids
? Be a great listener
? Have a strong work ethic
? Be self motivated
? Have the ability to inspire
Education: Undergraduate degree required; seminary or masters degree in a related field preferred
Experience: Five years of experience leading a large, complex ministry in a local church or Para church organization or teaching/administrator background in a Christian, public or private school. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams and cast vision.
Requirements: Membership at Bay Pointe Community Church and affirmation of Bay Pointe’s mission, vision and values (church and staff). Must also be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.