This artist needs a creative, imaginative aptitude and awareness of current trends in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest software and hardware and an understanding of lead times and production capabilities, all of which can impact the end result. This artist also needs to be a strong team player who takes direction well.
• Produce visual solutions to the communication needs with a mix of creative skills and processes.
• Provide visual solutions for worship, including News of the Family and Scripture slides, song slides, and other graphics needed for all worship services
• Provide graphic arts as displayed on monitors throughout the church building
• Provide graphic support for website
• Manage multi-tasking on several projects at the same time
• Communicate with interested parties of task progression
• Be able to take direction from the Media & Communications Director and work well in a team that includes copywriters, photographers, motion media specialists, and other designers
• Support and model individual spiritual formation i.e. Worship, Grow and Serve (weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading; small group, volunteering etc.).
• Identify, train and support volunteers of the church to assist with projects as needed.PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:>Character Traits>
• A desire to continuously learn and serve others
• Honest and trustworthy
• Integrity for work habits and results
• Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively
• Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness
• Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character
• Able to keep confidentiality
• High degree of professionalism
• A team player who works well with othersSkills/Talents
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently and finish work in a reasonable amount of time
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to provide assistance and support
• Organizational skills, particularly in a fast-paced environment
• Problem-solving skillsADDITONAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in a related field. (This is an entry level position)
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites (CS 3/4) design software package
• Working knowledge of website graphics and photography
• Working knowledge of MediaShout and ProPresenter worship graphics programs
• Knowledge and working experience designing four-color process publications for offset print press and relating these colors to web
• Video editing with Final Cut Pro software and motion graphics experience a plusONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY.Please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to the following EMAIL address.