This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministry
Church at Viera
Melbourne, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/10/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
As a high energy, committed and relevant congregation, the Church at Viera (CAV) is seeking a pastoral staff team member who has a heart to see Jesus lifted high in the student culture. Innovative, creative, sold out for Christ, called to serve students, biblically solid, planner, organizer, implementer and relationship builder are just a few words we are looking for to describe our Pastor of Student Ministry. Does this sound like you?
Under the direction of the Family Ministry Pastor, the Pastor of Student Ministry is responsible for planning, administering, coordinating, managing and evaluating the Church at Viera’s student (grades 7 – 12 and college students) programs and activities ensuring an efficient, welcoming, Christ-centered ministry to students and their parents within CAV’s vision for a purpose driven student ministry and being a church of small groups. Furthermore, this position will promote fellowship, outreach, fun, Biblical education, spiritual development, parent involvement and ministry/missions opportunities.
The Pastor of Student Ministry must be an effective communicator, a leader of strong leaders and be able to handle multiple priorities successfully while meeting deadlines.
No phone calls please. Email, mail or fax cover letter and resume with position title Pastor of Student Ministry clearly indicated to: email@example.com We will be accepting resumes through March 8, 2010.
• Committed relationship with Jesus Christ
• Theological or Bachelors degree required (Seminary a plus)
• Minimum three years leadership experience in youth ministry or related field
• Medium to large church related experience desired
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Professional appearance
• Team player
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with an attention to detail
• Willing to work extended hours to complete assigned tasks/projects as needed and scheduled
• High level of spiritual maturity
• Passionate co-ownership of the Church at Viera vision, mission, values and purposes
• Ability to prove eligibility to work in the United States