This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Director
River Oak Grace
Oakdale, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/08/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
River Oak Grace is a (our vision) “Jesus-driven disciple-making church living out the Great Commission (equipping to reach) and Great Commandment (loving God, loving people)”. Our mission is to glorify God by: “transforming nations and generations into passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We are an elder-led, staff-driven, contemporary-style church that is looking for God’s desired leader who will advance God’s mission and vision for our church within the context of fully-integrated team ministry valuing humble, Spirit-led servant leadership. BA in Ministry or Theological Studies and/or full time experience leading Youth Ministry is preferred.
We are looking for a Director of Student Ministries (7th-12th grade) that will:
• Oversee and coordinate Student Ministry strategies and activities for (1) Sunday morning meetings (2) Summer activities (i.e. camp, mission trips, retreats, events, etc.), (3) Mid-week ministry meetings, (4) Small groups, (5) Other Student Ministry events and meetings.
• Oversee and develop all teaching aspects of the Student Ministry (curriculum, teaching, teachers, resources, supplies and technology).
• Develop, oversee, supervise, train, equip and encourage the ministry staff (paid and volunteer) and other leadership positions within the Student Ministry department to effectively operate the Student Ministry of River Oak Grace Community Church.
• Oversee and implement recruiting, screening and training strategies of new staff and volunteers within the Student Ministry.
• Oversee and develop all Student Ministry calendar and scheduling responsibilities.
• Strategize and implement Student Ministry connection strategies to church staff, parents and students (meetings, e-mail, phone calls, mailers, etc.).
• Oversee and manage the Student Ministry budget.
• Develop/oversee Student Ministry publications (Brochures, flyers, newsletters, website, etc.)
• Oversee and manage key Student Ministry Fund-raisers (fireworks, Christmas trees, and other fund-raising efforts.)
• Pastoral ministry to the students and parents who are affiliated with or prospects of River Oak Grace.
• Develop and implement evangelism, discipleship, and leadership development strategies for Student Ministry.
• Work in coordination with other ministries to fully integrate students and families in the greater disciple-making context while facilitating transition through the various age levels/stages.
• Other related responsibilities to assist the overall mission of River Oak Grace as directed by Supervisor.