This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Ministries Director
Huntertown United Methodist
Huntertown, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 02/04/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Huntertown United Methodist Church is seeking a creative and spirit-led Youth Ministries Director. This position requires a clear spiritual calling to this area of ministry and an ability to bring young members of the congregation and community closer to God. Our God given vision is: We are a Christ-centered church growing in God’s Word, committed to prayer and healing, nurturing family, and serving community.
The Youth Ministries Director (YMD) should be a gifted leader capable of bringing the churched and un-churched youth in our community closer to God by following the examples of Jesus Christ. You will lead, develop, and manage ministry programs for the youth (middle/high school) of Huntertown United Methodist Church (HUMC). HUMC currently serves over 50 youth inside and outside our church community. The YMD will be proficient in organizing, communicating with, and leading our youth and adult volunteers. The ideal candidate will exhibit a spiritual focus, a dynamic personality, an ability to direct and relate well with a variety of ages, and the desire to grow the youth ministries programming at HUMC. Additionally, you will oversee the Children’s Ministries Coordinator to provide continuity between Children’s and Youth programming. Planning and working collaboratively with the pastor, other ministry directors, and the parent volunteer staffs is a vital part of this position.
Youth Ministries Leadership
• Manage and direct the leadership of and function as the primary staff person for the HUMC Youth Group and related outreach programs.
• Train, nurture, and develop adult and youth leaders from among the Congregation and in the community to volunteer in youth programs.
• Manage budget and expenses of youth programs.
• Plan and execute current ministry programs while working with the youth and adult leaders to maintain age appropriate activities for all youth that promote community through fellowship, fun, spiritual growth and Christian discipleship.
• Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life within the community of faith.
• Professing an outward commitment to Christ
• Demonstrated experience in youth ministries leadership
• Effective organizational and communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in youth ministries or related area
• Reliable transportation and clean driving record
Final offer of employment is subject to successful completion of a comprehensive background check. This is a full-time position at $35,914.