This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Next Gen Pastor
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 02/03/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Next Generation Pastor: High School
In 2006, a group of people believed in the simple, but profound concept that grace and people really could meet. Having experienced grace, or a lack of it, they were passionate about God and His amazing gift in His Son, Jesus Christ. They wanted to share that passion with others in an environment that was really truly accepting, encouraging, ridiculously in love with God, not judgmental, open to anyone, just as you are now. This group of people, touched by God’s grace and forgiveness, is led by Dr. John Jackson.
Students are extremely important to our church. Teenagers are all over the place these days; both physically and mentally. They want to connect, they ask tough questions, they want answers, and they are looking for fun and lots of it! That’s where you come in. If you have the passion, experience and leadership, send us your resume!
1. Loves the Lord and is growing deeper with Him through personal disciplines.
2. Loves students, they love you and you believe student ministry is your calling.
1. 3 – 5 years experience in student ministry.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of the Word through Bible school or Seminary degree.
3. Immersed in the rapidly changing, technology-driven youth culture.
4. Can create a dynamic program of activities that are engaging, that build community and attracts both churched and un-churched youth.
5. Demonstrates the ability to develop relevant Christ-centered teaching.
6. Has a vision for worship in ministry and knows how to implement it.
7. Encourages and believes in small groups as a way to grow toward Christ, community and others
1. Can create a vision for students and sees it through to completion.
2. Challenges and involves students within and outside of church walls.
3. Recruits, trains and empowers lay leaders to build an effective ministry team.
4. Partners with parents using consistent, effective two-way communication.
5. Strong in organization and planning.
6. Believes in and works well in a team.
1. Understands the authority of Scripture and is obedient and accountable to God as revealed in the Bible.
2. Serves as an integral member of the pastoral staff, reporting to the Lead Pastor.
3. Seeks continual improvement, professional development and invites feedback.
4. Can embrace the vision of The Gathering and makes the student ministry an integral part the church.
Please respond with your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails only. Please, no phone calls.