This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Southern Baptist Church
Junction City, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 01/29/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Junction City, Kansas
POSITION TITLE: FULL-TIME WORSHIP PASTOR
First Southern Baptist Church is searching for a Worship Pastor for a fast growing church in Junction City, Kansas. The leadership of this church is focused on teaching biblical truth while allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and move. This church is looking for someone who is a team player and wants to “pastor” the creative arts ministry.
LOCATION: JUNCTION CITY, KANSAS
SALARY & BENEFITS: There is a predetermined salary range for this position based on the current
local market data available for similar positions in churches of our size and budget. The compensation package includes base salary, parsonage, health/life insurance, professional reimbursements and annuity.
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES
• Collaborate weekly with the senior pastor to create, plan, and execute a cohesive, relevant and dynamic worship experience
• Improve the creative production values of all services (sound, video, set design, creative arts, drama, etc)
• Lead, manage, and oversee the daily operations of the music ministry
• Lead the Audio/Visual team involved with each of our worship services
• Build strong leaders and effective teams of workers in the music and creative arts ministry
• Recruit, train, and develop individuals, praise bands and praise teams that will be used to lead worship
• Develop and coordinate special worship services for seasonal and non-seasonal events
• Worship resource for children and youth ministries
• Clearly communicate vision and strategy on a consistent basis
• Use gifts to lead in other areas of the church such as: small group ministry, religious education, etc.
EDUCATION & THEOLOGY
• A college/seminary degree in a music discipline is preferred. Experience may be substituted for education if the applicant’s ministry experience and life experience are sufficient.
• The candidate must be able to fully agree with the doctrine and teachings of First Southern Baptist Church and the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
• A pastor with integrity, high moral values, and a genuine call from God to this church and position
• A highly effective leader who inspires others with vision
• A skilled communicator with effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the staff or congregation
• Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems is important.
• Must be able to play at least one musical instrument (prefer two – piano/keyboard and guitar)
• Seasoned/proven instrumental and voice skills required
• Understand music from a variety of genres and generations, with particular emphasis on contemporary music (“praise and worship,” contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns and the music of the church)
• Requires basic ability to use computer software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks
FIRST SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH WORK ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE
First Southern Baptist Church is a wonderful place to work, offering a relaxed and casual atmosphere combined with an intense desire to reach our community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Junction City is located next to Fort Riley, Kansas, Home of the 1st Infantry Division. There is an abundance of outdoor recreation within minutes from the church. Find out more about Junction City by visiting www.junctioncity.org .
Potential candidates who feel called and equipped to fulfill the functions of this position, who also meet the above qualifications, should submit a VIDEO, a cover letter and a resume to:
First Southern Baptist Church
Worship Pastor Search Team
P.O. Box 284
Junction City, KS 66441
You may also email the video, a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com