This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Vine Church
Dunn Loring, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 01/29/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Part-Time
The Vine Church
The Vine is an intentional church plant ministry of the Arlington District and the Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church growing to connect people with Jesus Christ so that lives may bear Christ’s fruit. The Vine Church is currently renovating a campus that was inherited from Dunn Loring UMC in preparation for the launch of this new church. The mission is to connect people with Jesus Christ so that lives may bear His fruit. The Vine’s vision is to accomplish this mission through relevant worship that connects people to Christ; rooted discipleship that grows people in faith; relational ministry that bears fruit for Jesus; and redemptive church planting that seeks to reuse underutilized resources for Christ’s work. The Vine’s context is the inner suburban Northern Virginia community.
Children’s Ministry at The Vine Church
The Vine plans to launch public weekly worship services on March 7, 2010 with professional nursery care and four children’s classes designed to help children connect with Jesus Christ in a safe, engaging, age-appropriate, multi-intelligenced environment. The Vine hopes to launch a professional preschool ministry in the Fall of 2010.
Ministry Search - Director of Children’s Ministry, Part-Time
Currently, The Vine Church is seeking to hire a part-time Director of Children’s Ministry. This position will require 20 hour/week with a salary range between $20,000 – $25,000 per year (commensurate with education and experience). There is a possibility that this position would grow to full-time when The Vine Preschool is developed.
1) An authentic and contagious relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to help children connect with Jesus
2) The ability to articulate a strategic vision to organize and oversee all children’s programs
3) Significant positive experience in ministry to children in a mid to large membership church or in the field of elementary or preschool education
4) A strong knowledge of Scripture and basic Christian theology
5) The proven ability to develop and promote creative programs that appeal to churched and unchurched families
6) Experience in successfully launching new entrepreneurial endeavors
7) A Bachelors Degree in the field of education or ministry preferred
8) The proven ability to recruit, motivate and train children’s teachers, leaders and other adult volunteers
9) A clear criminal and sexual offender background check
10) The potential to grow the ministry while serving in this position over several years
11) Knowledge of appropriate classroom management procedures and child protection policies
12) Applicable references required
Contact Person – Todd Schlechty, Pastor and Church Planter
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to Todd Schlechty at The Vine Church, 2501 Gallows Rd, Dunn Loring, VA 22027 or by email attachment to email@example.com