This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Ministries
Kirtland Christian Fellowship
Kirtland, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 01/24/2010
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Youth Ministries will lead KCF's missional effort to connect youth (middle school and high school age) to Jesus Christ and to KCF so they can grow in their faith and serve in the kingdom.
Please respond to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Worship: Be an example of an enthusiastic and expressive worshipper. Participate in the Worship Planning Team and serve on the Preaching Team.
2) Prayer: Foster an atmosphere of prayer among youth ministry at KCF. Participate in prayer gatherings at KCF.
3) Evangelism: Develop and lead a creative and innovative missional effort to connect the Middle and Senior High students to Jesus and to KCF. This effort will include a substantial time commitment (approximately 50% of time) to one or more evangelistic efforts to our community such as a campus ministry on the campus of a local middle or high school.
4) Discipleship: Lead KCF’s effort to disciple the Middle and Senior high students. As part of this effort, lead the youth ministry and lead a small group. Work in parallel with current YFC Associate Club Director to Memorial Middle School to provide assistance on special events where needed as well as open a similar campus outreach at one or more Middle or Senior High schools.
5) Empower Middle and Senior High Students: Champion the empowering of students to serve fully in all ministries at KCF and in the Kingdom of God.
6) Fellowship: Participate in church-wide fellowship events. Foster fellowship among the Middle and Senior High students at KCF and in connection with the entire church family.
7) Missions: Plan, facilitate, and go on one summer mission trip per year. Champion our partnership with Youth for Christ (YFC).
1) The Senior Pastor is your supervisor and mentor.
2) The KCF pastoral staff is on call 24/7. We are shepherds and not hired hands (John 10:12-13). In a routine week the time commitment is 50 hours per week plus Sunday morning participation in prayer, Sunday School, and Worship Service, and participation in or leadership of a KCF small group (with spouse if married).
3) The balance of time will be approximately 50% evangelism to students in the community, and 50% leadership of the youth ministry.
1) Be a professing, growing, committed, Spirit-filled Christian with an exemplary personal life and a contagious love for Jesus Christ.
2) Trained and well grounded in the Word of God.
3) If married must have spousal support. Spouse will be connected with the church family and involved in the ministry of the church.
4) Complete agreement with the vision of KCF and the statement of faith. If married along with spouse, must become a member of KCF.
5) Self-disciplined, self-starter with high initiative.
6) Must be HIGH, HIGH, HIGH energy. Must be punctual and able to function with enthusiasm during any part of the day. Must have the energy for the challenge.
7) Very organized and have the ability to work with different personality types.
8) Must be a servant leader who is selfless and puts the needs of others over self.
9) Positive attitude and teachable.
10) People person with a compassionate heart for people.
11) Spirtually gifted and experienced in youth ministry