This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Lake Pointe Bible Church
Plymouth, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 07/01/2010
Categories: College Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Lake Pointe Bible Church is a growing evangelical church of about 200 people in Plymouth, Michigan, an attractive western suburb of Detroit. Our mission is “to build disciples of Jesus Christ through worship, teaching, fellowship and outreach.”
Lake Pointe Bible Church currently has an opening for a full-time Pastor of Student Ministries. The position is responsible for the evangelism, assimilation, discipleship and pastoral care of students at Lake Pointe Bible Church, including the middle school (Fusion) and senior high (Blaze) ministries.
Administration and Management
• Meet with and assist the elders in their ministry of providing vision, shepherding, management and discipleship of the church family
• Develop, implement and manage all programs related to student ministries of the church
• Assure coordination of youth programs with the church’s mission and other student programs such as AWANA, Sunday School and college age group.
• Direct volunteer leaders, and provide overall direction for youth ministries
Evangelism and Discipleship
• Provide age and life stage appropriate evangelistic events, groups and programs for middle school and high school students of the church
• Nurture a mentality of relational evangelism among middle school and high school students
• Keep track and provide for the assimilation of students into the life and ministry of the church
Discipleship and Pastoral Care
• Develop discipling relationships with the students of the church
• Develop small groups and Sunday morning classes, both content and need-focused, for the students of the church
• Develop leaders from the adults of the church, through individual and group discipleship, for the student ministry
• Provide pastoral counseling for the students and their parents at the church
• Plan and lead mission trips and ministry trips of students and adult leaders
Preferred candidate will have the following skills:
• Enthusiasm and strong work ethic
• Knowledge of youth ministry philosophy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of the social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Proficiency using MS Office software product suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
This position requires an undergraduate or graduate youth ministry degree from an accredited Christian college or seminary and a minimum of two (2) years leading a youth group. A very competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and education is available. A standard background check will be required. Interested candidates may view our Web site at LakePointeBible.org. Interested candidates should forward a summary of their qualifications to: John Jakcsy, Lake Pointe Bible Church, 42150 Schoolcraft Road, Plymouth, MI, 48170, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.