This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ebenezer Bible Fellowship Church
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 01/23/2010
Categories: Executive Pastor - Senior Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
1. Must have a passion for preaching and shepherding.
2. Master’s of Divinity or equivalent.
3. 10 years Senior or Associate Pastoral experience or equivalent.
4. Must be in agreement with the Bible Fellowship Church Articles of Faith. (see www.bfc.org)
Major areas of Responsibility
1. Teaching - In this role, he functions as our primary preacher, and may take on additional teaching as he deems advisable for the instruction of members and friends, and as his schedule permits. (Sunday School, small groups, seminars, etc.).
2. Shepherding - This includes many types of short term people matters such as counseling, visitation, etc.
3. Overall leadership - In this role, he meets regularly with the Elders and various Committees to support and insure that our church continues to move in the overall vision and direction set by the Elders. He is welcome to attend any meetings of any of the various committees as an ex officio member.
4. Overseeing the pastoral staff - In this role, he acts as the team leader and manager overseeing each person’s objectives and progress as well as their personal growth. Those currently under his care are the Pastor of Discipleship, Pastor of Congregational Care, and Pastor of Youth/Young Adults (via the Pastor of Discipleship.)
5. Administration - ln this role, he directs the activity of the other non-ministerial staff, each of whom shall be responsible directly or indirectly to him.
6. Other - These include denominational meetings, local pastor gatherings, attending community events as a leader of the church, etc.