This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Northside Baptist Church
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 01/22/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Pastor of Children’s Ministries is responsible to the Education Pastor for the oversight of children’s programs, birth through sixth grade.
• Shall be the point-leader and responsible to provide direction, spiritual oversight, vision, strategic development,
and coaching leaders within the Children’s Ministries.
• Shall oversee the development and daily implementation of the Children’s Ministry budget
• Shall have direct oversight for the following key areas of ministry:
• Children’s Sunday School
• Ikidz – Sunday morning children’s service
• Summer Programs (VBS)
• Special Events (Easter, Christmas, Missions Conference)
• Oversee the core ministries within the Children’s Ministries. This includes nursery, 2 & 3 year olds, preschool,
and K-5th grade.
• Oversee the Sunday morning experience for children.
• Oversee the planning and coordination of children’s events.
• Oversee the planning and coordination of a Vacation Bible School program.
• Lead, empower, equip, and shepherd the core leadership of the Children’s Ministry Team.
• Recruit and connect leaders and volunteers to areas of Children’s Ministries that fit their individual passion and
• Work with the Education Pastor and Youth Pastor to develop continuity between Children and Youth programs.
• Provide monthly ministry reports to the Education Pastor and an annual report for the congregation.
• Develop and oversee the budget for the Children’s Ministries.
• Oversee the content of the bulletin, Northlink, and Website as it relates to Children’s Ministry.
• Meet with the Education pastor on a regular basis to evaluate progress on vision development, planning, goals,
• Research and order Sunday School and Junior Church curriculum
• Ensure a safe environment for all children ages birth to 6th grade.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• 4 year college degree
• 1 year experience in Children’s Ministries
• Must pass a Background Check
The Children’s Ministries Pastor is accountable to the Education Pastor.