This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministries
Lincoln, California, United States
Date Posted: 01/21/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Church Staff
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
MINISTRY POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Heritage Church is looking for a creative, self-motivated, high-energy team leader with strong organizational, relational, motivational and communication skills to lead our children’s ministries to the next exciting season of growth and effectiveness.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Children's Ministries will develop an inviting, exciting, energy-filled environment for children of all ages to learn the practical, relevant application of God’s life-changing Word.
The Director of Children's Ministries will provide regular training, motivation, support and supervision to recruited ministry volunteers.
The Director of Children's Ministries will actively support the goals, vision and direction of Heritage Church through participation in services, tasks, activities, events and projects outside of the function and responsibilities of the Children’s Ministries.
• Create a welcoming and engaging environment for children to experience the adventure of discovering and following Christ.
• Attendance, coordination and supervision of all weekend children’s services/classes.
• Provide children’s ministry support for various other Heritage weekday ministries, special services, activities and events
• Teach, as needed, in weekend children’s ministry classes.
• Recruit, train, supervise and schedule children’s ministry volunteers.
• Assimilate age-appropriate curriculum and relevant resources into the ministry culture, philosophy and style of Heritage Church.
• Oversee the development and implementation of policies, procedures, “background checks” and all trainings for Children’s Ministries
• Oversight of the calendar, budget and purchases of Children’s Ministries
• Maintain specified weekly office hours
• Execute all other duties assigned by Lead Pastor
• A thriving relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through regular prayer, Bible study, worship attendance and tithing
• An authentic desire to work with children
• Bachelor’s degree (from a seminary or Bible college is preferred/desired)
• 2+ years on-staff experience in Children's Ministries of church over 300 in attendance
• Experience in supervising and managing leaders
• Experience in education and curriculum development
• Experience working with children, and the ability to easily and positively interact with staff, children, parents, and ministry team
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Computer skills with proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the Internet
• Ability to work well with pastoral teams to integrate ministry to children with other church ministries
• Ability to recruit, motivate and support individuals in ministry
• Self-motivated and highly energetic
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A firm commitment to the values, goals and culture of Heritage Church.
• Agreement with the Biblical doctrine position of The International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
• Able to easily meet the rigirous physical demands of working with children ages 0 - fifth grade
• Reliable transportation