This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Help Staff Me
Cranberry, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 01/19/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
** DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT THE CHURCH about this position**
Email a photo, video and/or audio samples of you leading worship, and a resume to Ryan Leak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for someone who is familiar with Kenneth Hagin ministries.
• Lead, manage, and oversee the daily operations of the music ministry.
• Lead the technical staff of Victory who are responsible for oversight of the technical teams involved with each of our worship services.
• Build strong leaders and effective teams of workers in the music ministry. Recruit, train and develop, both spiritually and musically, individuals, praise bands and praise teams that will be used to lead worship.
• Develop and coordinate special worship services for seasonal and non-seasonal events (Easter, “All This for a King” in December, etc.)
• Proactively seek and build leaders according to their gifting.
• Clearly communicate vision and strategy on a consistent basis.
• Establish departmental goals and objectives and develop a long-range plan for the music ministry in collaboration with the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.
• Assist the Pastoral Care office with meeting pastoral care needs of the congregation and especially those involved in the music ministry.
• Be responsible for proper copyright obligations and documentation.
• Assist in preaching and teaching duties as agreed upon with the Senior Pastor.
• Perform weddings and funerals as requested.
Education & Theology
• A college degree in a music discipline is preferred but not required if the applicant’s ministry experience and life experience are sufficient.
• The candidate must demonstrate a history of ongoing personal and professional development.
• The candidate must be able to fully agree with the doctrine and teachings of Victory Family Church. The candidate will be required to listen to some message series by the senior pastor, Pastor John, and discuss their understanding of these messages. A strong Biblical foundation is of utmost importance
• The candidate should have experience in a multiple staff church setting, with a minimum of 5 years ministry experience. The ideal candidate has experience in a church setting with multiple services working through a volunteer workforce.
• A pastor with the ability to reflect and duplicate the heart of Pastor John and Michelle Nuzzo.
• A pastor with integrity, high moral values and a genuine call from God to this church and position.
• A highly effective leader who inspires others with vision.
• A leader who can balance strategic leadership with operational management.
• A leader who can mentor, lead and develop young leaders.
• A skilled communicator with effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to plan, budget, delegate and meet deadlines on time.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the staff or congregation.
• The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to work independently.
• Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems is important.
• Must be able to play at least one musical instrument (prefer two – piano/keyboard and guitar). (Seasoned/proven instrumental and voice skills required.)
• Understands music from a variety of genres and generations, with particular emphasis on contemporary music (“praise and worship,” contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns and the music of the church)
• Keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotion and administration, utilizing them where appropriate.
• Must be able to transpose musical scores.
• Requires basic ability to use computer software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.
Victory Family Church Work Environment & Culture
Victory Family Church is a wonderful place to work, offering a relaxed and casual atmosphere combined with an intense desire to reach this generation with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are serious about impacting our world, yet we have a lot of fun doing it. We are a busy, growing ministry that is constantly evolving to meet the demands of ministry. Having grown by 151% in four years (going from an average of 940 in April 2006 to a November 2009 average of 2360), we've been doing a lot of running! We do not anticipate that changing, rather we expect that to increase as we continue to build and continue to reach people. Again, we have a lot of fun but work hard while we do it.