This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 01/19/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
**PLEASE NOTE: this is a part-time position**
The Branch Team
The Director of Worship will be part of a staff team committed to mutual love, respect and care. The ability to collaborate and communicate within a team is essential.
To cultivate and lead teams of people that will facilitate the Branch community in our worshiping life.
Sunday Morning Worship:
1) Lead musically as well as verbally on Sunday mornings (this may include prayer, confession, silence, reading of the Word, etc.).
2) Develop and empower a small team of worship leaders at the Branch -- coaching them in the worshipping leading skills and giving them ample opportunity to practice and hone their skills within corporate worship.
3) Raise up, coordinate and empower a team of creative persons to contribute to our communal worship life. This will include musicians and vocalists, but may also include visual artists, designers, thespians, dancers, poets or painters.
Worship Planning Team
1) Guide our existing team of dreamers responsible for planning and implementing creative aspects (like media, music, dance, visual art, performed scripture, etc.) of Sunday morning worship.
2) Coordinate and keep the team accountable to accomplishing tasks assigned at meeting.
Our Commitment to You
As you answer that question we want you to know that you are not alone. We will dream together; encourage one another; challenge each other and love each other. We are in this together. Which means that...
We are committed to caring for you as a member of our family.
We are committed to creating an environment where your gifts and passions can grow.
We are committed to providing meaningful opportunities to serve others.
We are committed to listening to you and valuing your ideas.
We are committed to honoring your work with a salary that is mutually agreeable and fair.
We are committed to holding you accountable to a Christ-like character and encouraging you in your walk with Christ.
We are committed to giving you the freedom to be yourself – to lead as you have been gifted to lead – to pursue the ideas that God is placing on your heart.
Jesus Follower – a commitment to knowing and following Jesus Christ.
Commitment to Missional Life – the well-qualified applicant will understand and exhibit a personal commitment to participating in the mission of God in the world.
Instrumental and Vocal Ability – the well-qualified applicant will have a level of instrumental and vocal competency sufficient for leading and coordinating Sunday morning worship.
Theological Understanding – the well-qualified applicant will be able to articulate and effectively communicate in order to teach others an understanding of the role of communal worship in the life of a church.
Team Builder – must have excellent communication skills with the ability to build trust and collaboration in personal and team relationships. Must be able to build unity of purpose and guide team members through potential conflicts.
This is a position that averages 15 hours/week, and will be paid on a stipend basis, with the stipend range between $12,500 and $15,000. Please send resumes and a DVD to email@example.com