This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Watseka, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 01/15/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Worship Pastor Profile
Trinity Church of Watseka, Illinois, a growing Evangelical Free Church of more than 500, is seeking a proven leader to be our full-time Worship Pastor. Our mission, both as a church and individually as followers of Christ, is to Love God, Love Others, and Serve the World. We utilize ministry teams under staff leadership to accomplish this mission. Our three Sunday worship times are seeker-friendly, believer-oriented, and culturally relevant. We are contemporary in style to include band-driven worship music, creative elements, and biblical messages focused upon taking the next step in our relationship with Christ. We have a broad range of talent that will provide a great foundation for an incoming pastor.
As a leadership team, we have an Ephesians 4 approach to ministry. Each pastor’s primary role is equipping people in the body of Christ so they might grow in maturity. The priority for pastors at Trinity Church is to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matt. 6:33). This means that the first priority in every pastor’s life is to foster a close relationship with Jesus. Pastors are first and foremost spiritual leaders and therefore encouraged to guard their relationship with Christ with great care.
We see a great need for churches throughout our rural region that are life giving and contemporary in style. Our leadership team has clarity around our preferred future. We desire to join God in a prayer driven, kingdom multiplying movement to make disciples who Love God, Love Others, and Serve the World. We believe a significant step in seeing this vision become reality is by providing multiple worship sites throughout our region. The worship pastor position is a critical first step in moving forward.
This pastoral position provides a unique opportunity to be part of something new in a rural region that is in deep need of churches that make a difference in people’s lives. It requires someone who is passionate about seeing people transformed by the presence of Jesus in their lives. It also requires someone looking to be part of a team who desires to see God do something that is bigger than they could do on their own.
To find out more about us you can visit our website at mytrinity.tv.
• Passion for people to Love God with all their being.
• Team player who is fully engaged in the mission of Trinity Church.
• Equipped for pastoral ministry.
• Ability to individually lead times of worship and prayer.
• Reproducing leader who develops other people to lead worship.
• Collaborative in creative development.
• Minimum of BA/BS, Masters degree is preferred
• At least three years experience of leading contemporary worship with excellence
• Possess musical giftedness, passion for worship, and a vibrant, growing relationship with Christ
• Leadership ability to organize, equip, and train our leaders, musicians, and tech positions
• Skill to engage our congregation and lead in passionate, energetic, Christ-exalting worship
• Vision and ability to move worship ministry area forward, both corporately and individually
• Understanding of audio/visual technology is required
• Experience with multi-site worship is a benefit
• Must be a team player and committed to fulfilling the mission and vision of Trinity Church
• Must be in full agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Evangelical Free Church of America
• Clearly align with and follow God’s requirement for pastoral leadership in the church as described in 1Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9
• Provide point leadership for the worship ministry, ensuring the implementation of the vision for Christ honoring authentic worship in a contemporary style.
• Lead the people in the worship ministry in developing worshiping lifestyles.
• Equip and develop the worship team to include instrumental, vocal, and technical aspects required for corporate worship.
• Develop weekly corporate worship times to include development of creative elements.
• Program special worship events as required.
• Plan and lead times of corporate worship-based prayer.
• Collaborate in sermon series planning and development.
• Provide oversight in developing and maintaining a worship space that is warm, welcoming, and conducive to authentic worship.
• Worship resource for children and youth ministries
• Participate in the development of multi-site worship venues
Do not send your information through the churchstaffing website, but instead, please send a cover letter, resume and a DVD or video link of you leading worship directly to:
1658 E. Walnut Street
Watseka, IL 60970