This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Ministry Leader
Living Bridge Community Church
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 01/14/2010
Categories: Worship Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Living Bridge Community Church is a new, non-denominational church located just North of Pittsburgh in the growing city of Gibsonia PA. Our mission is to "Change the Way People think about Church" by actually being the church. For more about who we are and what we believe visit our website at http://www.livingbridgepittsburgh.org
For a church just reaching four months of age, Living Bridge has seen tremendous blessing with an average weekly attendance of 140 people and growing. We believe God is preparing the way for His church to rise up in a community that is in need of the hope and truth that is Christ.
Living Bridge meets at the Pine-Richland Youth Center in Gibsonia, which is in itself a huge God thing! We could not have asked for a more centralized location with immediate and continuous people exposure. Youth ministry has been a priority since day one, and we currently have a core group of about 25 teens. We feel that hiring God's chosen leader for our youth is key to our mission.
A huge bonus for us (and maybe you) would be to find someone who also had a heart and the skill to lead our Sunday worship. Consideration would be given to both pay-rate and job type (part or full time) if the candidate had the heart, mind, and skills to lead in both youth and music.
Please note that this position has the potential, and most likely will grow into a full time position.
Send questions, resumes, and pictures of your Aunt Martha (if you have one) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Ministry Leader Major Responsibilities & Goals
• Work to serve, shepherd, and care for the youth and their families of Living Bridge Church with greater emphasis
on relationships rather than programs.
• Lead a strategic weekly youth function that will both attract youth and keep them. (Aspects of this function might
include: games, music, a relevant talk, etc)
• Provide a weekly opportunity for students to grow in their faith through Bible studies or a discipleship/mentoring
• Plan at least 1 “extra” activity each month for students to participate in. This could be a day trip, evening fellowship,
get-together, prayer time, etc.
• Coordinate, plan, and lead at least 2 spiritual growth retreats each year.
• Develop and appoint volunteer youth leaders and workers to help in leading the ministry.
• Work to build a relationship with the PRYC and come up with strategies of partnering with them and serving our
community through them.
• Work to instill a “mission minded youth group” that strives to serve others as opportunities arise.
• Meet with the Pastor at TBD meeting times each month.
• Being open to other responsibilities and goals that develop as Living Bridge grows.
Bringing Out the Best in Others
• Leading by example and equipping those under my care
• Affirm and correct regularly, gracefully, and truthfully
• Supporting my leaders and co-leaders
• Support, encourage, and protect my teammates
• Encouraging people within my sphere of influence
• Eliminating gossip or negativity within the staff or congregation
• Keeping myself morally and spiritually pure so that my effectiveness is not hindered.
Execute with Excellence
• Being responsive to the request of the Lead Pastor
• Doing what I said I would do (being a person of your word)
• Demonstrating Professional Courtesy
• Displaying a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
• Striving to honor God as I work to serve Him at Living Bridge.
• Growing the youth ministry in unity with the greater mission of Living Bridge.