We are dreaming to do church differently!
We just don’t want to be like everyone else in our community. What are we like? We are pretty causal and we like to try new approaches to ministry. We are creative and strive to do things with excellence. We are authentically genuine and know that we haven’t arrived. We know how to laugh and have fun. Maybe you would be a great fit with our DNA?Journey is a five year old church plant that is creatively and passionately reaching out to the unchurched in our county.
We are about 300 in size and are in a great family friendly community of about 30,000 with about 400,000 in our county. We are looking for someone who has a similar heart beat to ours and who would enjoy shaping and influencing our worship ministry. We are contemporary in our approach to ministry and we are drawn strongly to stretching ourselves creatively in reaching out to our postmodern culture. Our weekend worship experience is led by an experienced and faithful band and vocal team. In the end, our desire is to create worship experiences that draw in both spiritual seekers and Christ followers. Here’s a brief description of what we are looking for in a leader: Primary Purpose:
• To provide leadership, vision, and creative direction to the programming ministry of Journey.The Win:
• Creating and leading weekend programming experiences that attract, draw in and enable spiritual seekers and Christ followers to honor God. Personal Requirements:
• have accepted Christ into my life and profess Christ as the Savior and leader of my life.
• I am taking steps to grow in my relationship with Christ and model this in my lifestyle.
• I am taking steps to ensure personal margin and balance in my lifestyle.
• I agree with and personally practice the beliefs and values of Journey Ministries.Working Relationship:
• Responsible to the Lead PastorQualifications:
• Someone who works well with others and who is good at developing others to serve.
• Proven leadership experience with people and in the arts.
• Someone who can serve faithfully alongside the lead pastor.
• Someone who is creative and willing to integrate that creativity into the weekend service.
• Good mulit-tasker and problem solver. Ministry Responsibilities:
• Serve as an extension of the Lead Pastor's ministry into the lives of all those serving in programming related ministries.
• Oversight of but, not limited to: music, drama, dance, tech, and the programming of all services.
• Provide an overall leadership strategy and vision to the purpose of weekend programming.
• Provide leadership to the weekly/weekend service requirements for a programming ministry.
• Consistently develop innovative ways for creating programming for the worship experiences.
• Oversee and provide leadership to the technical arts director and the worship director.
• Recruit, train, lead and motivate ministry volunteers to serve as part of the programming teams.
• Provide relational and accountability to the programming teams on a consistent basis.
• Meet with lead pastor weekly for weekend ministry planning and leadership development.
• Communicate regularly and efficiently with the lead pastor and your ministry volunteer teams.
Time/Pay: This role is a part time role (30-35 hours a week).
If you desire to move forward in this process please submit a resume with a recent photo. We would also encourage you to send along any relevant DVD or web based materials that helps us get a feel for what kind of ministry you have done.You can EMAIL Steve Gill with information or questions. You can also contact us via mail at:
PO Box 582
Davison, Michigan 48423. Also visit our website to learn more about Who We Are and for more details about the position, our church and our community.