We are dreaming to do church differently!
We just don’t want to be like everyone else in our community. What are we like? We are pretty causal and we like to try new approaches to ministry. We are creative and strive to do things with excellence. We are authentically genuine and know that we haven’t arrived. We know how to laugh and have fun. Maybe you would be a great fit with our DNA?Journey is a five year old church plant that is creatively and passionately reaching out to the unchurched in our county.
We are about 300 in size and are in a great family friendly community of about 30,000 with about 400,000 in our county. We are looking for someone who has a similar heart beat to ours and who would enjoy shaping and influencing our worship ministry. We are contemporary in our approach to ministry and we are drawn strongly to stretching ourselves creatively in reaching out to our postmodern culture. Our weekend worship experience is led by an experienced and faithful band and vocal team. In the end, our desire is to create worship experiences that draw in both spiritual seekers and Christ followers. Here’s a brief description of what we are looking for in a leader: Technical Arts DirectorPrimary Purpose:
• To provide leadership to the technical arts of Journey. These areas include, but are not limited to: web development, print, sound, and video production.Personal Requirements:
• I have accepted Christ into my life and profess Christ as the Savior and leader of my life.
• I am taking steps to grow in my relationship with Christ and model this in my lifestyle.
• I am taking steps to ensure personal margin and balance in my lifestyle.
• I agree with and personally practice the beliefs and values of Journey Ministries.Working Relationship:
• Responsible to the Programming Director/Lead PastorQualifications:
• Previous experience in the technical arts.
• Proficiency with necessary software such as the Adobe Creative Suite and timeline based video editing software.
• The ability to troubleshoot and adapt quickly to handle the quirks of technology used in weekend services.
• An eye for creativity and willingness to try new ideas in the technical arts.
• Experience in video and/or web production would be very helpful. Responsibilities:
• Prepare weekly computer inputs (scripts) for the weekend service.
• This includes loading items such as video, worship lyrics and message notes.
• Putting together the weekly elements of the worship program.
• This includes the layout of images and text.
• Helping out with any other creative/technical items as needed for weekend services.
• Updating the website weekly when it comes to logos, upcoming events, etc.
• Uploading the weekend messages to the website and adding their descriptives and logo(s).
• Attending meetings with the Programming Director/Lead Pastor once a week for communication and job responsibilities.
• Searching for videos as creative elements for the weekend service.
• Helping to brainstorm, develop, shoot and edit original videos when needed.
Time/Pay: This role is a part time role (10-20 hours a week).
We would also encourage you to send along any relevant DVD or web based materials that helps us get a feel for what kind of ministry you have done.
If you desire to move forward in this process please submit a resume with a recent photo. You can EMAIL Steve Gill with information or questions. You can also contact us via mail at:
PO Box 582
Davison, Michigan 48423. Also visit our website to learn more about Who We Are and for more details about the position, our church and our community.