We are dreaming to do church differently!
We just don’t want to be like everyone else in our community. What are we like? We are pretty causal and we like to try new approaches to ministry. We are creative and strive to do things with excellence. We are authentically genuine and know that we haven’t arrived. We know how to laugh and have fun. Maybe you would be a great fit with our DNA?Journey is a five year old church plant that is creatively and passionately reaching out to the unchurched in our county.
We are about 300 in size and are in a great family friendly community of about 30,000 with about 400,000 in our county. We are looking for someone who has a similar heart beat to ours and who would enjoy shaping and influencing our worship ministry. We are contemporary in our approach to ministry and we are drawn strongly to stretching ourselves creatively in reaching out to our postmodern culture. Our weekend worship experience is led by an experienced and faithful band and vocal team. In the end, our desire is to create worship experiences that draw in both spiritual seekers and Christ followers. Here’s a brief description of what we are looking for in a leader: Worship Director/LeaderPrimary Purpose:
• To provide effective leadership to the worship experience of our weekend service and to the worship teams. Personal Requirements:
• I have accepted Christ into my life and profess Christ as the Savior and leader of my life.
• I am taking steps to grow in my relationship with Christ and model this in my lifestyle.
• I am taking steps to ensure personal margin and balance in my lifestyle.
• I agree with and personally practice the beliefs and values of Journey Ministries.Working Relationship:
• Responsible to the Programming Director/Lead PastorQualifications:
• Gifted vocally and instrumentally.
• Experience in leading worship and working with other vocalists/band.
• Has good stage presence.
• Has a passion and the skills to help lead people closer to Christ through worship.
• Works well with other musicians and vocalists. Responsibilities:
• Work with, develop and lead our worship band and vocalists.
• Prepare weekly worship sets/lineups for each weekend service.
• Determining song selections with the lead pastor that connect with the service focus, flow and direction each weekend.
• Passing along the lyrics, charts, etc., to the worship team and technical personnel for preparation.
• Providing leadership to the band/worship practices each week.
• Provide the overall voice and direction to the team to be fully prepared for the service.
• Work alongside the other components and ministry teams of the weekend service (sound, computer and technical teams) to ensure a great weekend worship experience.
• Planning team schedules for the worship teams.
• Communicate with the worship team as it relates to scheduling, song selections, practices, etc.
• Building relationships with the worship team beyond the weekend experience.
• Meet with the Lead Pastor/Programming Director once a week for communication and job responsibilities.
Time/Pay: This role is a part time role (10-20 hours a week).
If you desire to move forward in this process please submit a resume with a recent photo. We would also encourage you to send along any relevant mp3, DVD or web based video/music that helps us get a feel for what kind of person you are when you are leading a worship experience. You can EMAIL Steve Gill with information or questions. You can also contact us via mail at:
PO Box 582
Davison, Michigan 48423. Also visit our website to learn more about Who We Are and for more details about the position, our church and our community.