Woodmen Valley Chapel, an evangelical, interdenominational, multi-campus church with an average weekend attendance of 6000 is seeking a full-time Children’s Ministries Elementary and Creative Programming Coordinator.
I. SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Children's Ministries Elementary and Creative Programming Coordinator works closely with the Directors of Children's Ministries to coordinate the elementary weekend services including oversight of the Children’s volunteer coordinators, division leaders, large group teaching, and worship. This role will also coordinate the planning, logistics, and resource support needed for all special events, supplemental Children's Ministries Team programming, and camps. This 40 hour/week position includes office hours, weekend services, and occasional evening hours, as needed. He/she will report directly to the Director of Rockrimmon and Elementary Children's Ministries and the Director of Woodmen Heights and Early Childhood Children's Ministries.
II. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Support and Oversight
1. Shares rotation of weekend services to ensure quality at each service time for elementary ministries at the WH campus
2. Maintains specified weekly office hours
3. Assists the Director of Elementary and RR Children’s Ministries to oversee the recruiting, screening, training, shepherding and equipping of Elementary Ministry Partners (MPs) in regards to curriculum, special events, policies and procedures
4. Assists with creative ongoing development of large group teaching, weekend worship programming, and children’s choir
5. Informs and assists the Director of Elementary and RR Children’s Ministries in following up on all elementary-aged children who have reported conversions in the weekend program or other events
6. Works with Facilities Team and Director of WH Children’s Ministries to ensure optimal function and use of WH elementary areas
B. Special Events and Supplemental Programming
1. Helps research and recommend creative events and supplemental programming
2. Creates, organizes and plans all aspects of children’s ministries special events and supplemental programming under the supervision of the Directors of Children’s Ministries (all promotional events, camps, Vacation Bible School, and other designated children’s team events)
3. Helps coordinate and oversee staffing for special events; provides task specific training, as needed
4. Assists with teaching Christianity 101, Divorce Care, etc.
5. Maintains both short- and long-term program plans within the WVC scope and sequence, and the Children’s Ministries team calendar
1. Meets regularly with the Directors of Children’s Ministries to communicate needs and concerns and discuss current or future events
2. Attends monthly all-staff meetings, weekly coordinator meeting, and bi-weekly staff meetings to interact with directors, office team, department coordinators and division leaders regarding programming
3. Collaborates with the Communications team and the Directors of Children’s Ministries on the design and implementation of all promotional and informational pieces for Children’s Ministries events
4. Coordinates Web based information and registration forms for events
5. Coordinates registrations for fee-based events with the Finance department and the Directors of Children’s Ministries
D. Other duties as assigned
III. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
1. Excellent organizational and administrative skills
2. Previous experience in creating, coordinating and managing both large- and small-scale events
3. Detail-oriented and flexible with a team spirit
4. Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and the Internet
5. Experience working with children and interacting with staff, children, parents, volunteers, and/or independent presenters, performance groups or vendors
6. A desire to create an environment where children receive every opportunity to build a solid foundation of faith, encouraging them to receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior
7. An ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated thorough regular prayer, Bible study and worship attendance
8. A member or regular attendee of WVC who supports its vision and values and regularly contributes time and tithes
B. Physical Requirements
1. Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs.
2. Reliable transportation
To Apply for this position please download the Application for Employment and submit it along with a current Resume.
Woodmen Valley Chapel
290 E Woodmen Road
Colorado Springs CO 80919
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Piano Accompanist/Music & Worship AssociateBerea First Baptist Church
- Greenville, South Carolina
- January 23
Pastor of Family MinistriesEcclesia Hollywood
- Hollywood, California
- January 22
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Faith Church - Graphic DesignerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Woodmen Valley Chapel
Woodmen Valley Chapel was founded in 1981 as a nondenominational, evangelical fellowship of believers.
Today, we strive to be an authentic community where people can experience God, be encouraged in their spiritual journey and empowered for service as they entrust a legacy to others.More...