This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Roann, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 01/05/2010
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
We are part of the Churches of God General Conference located out of Findlay, Ohio. To view the COG doctrinal statement please go to cggc.org. We are currently seeking to fill the Senior Pastor position due to our current Pastor (of 40 years) retiring this year. We are a larger church in a rural setting... we mean it, no McDonald's within 15 miles, but lots of corn and cows right across the road. We draw from 4-5 surrounding towns and cities since we are located right in the middle of everything! Our desire is to impact our region and the world with the message of Christ. We are very missions minded and missional in our mindsets. If you don't know what missional means or have never been on a mission's trip then you are probably not going to be a good fit. We would like to have all candidates send a cover letter, bio, resume', and a couple of messages preached, preferably on video. Please send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Pastor Job Overview
1. Teaching - In this role, he functions as our primary preacher, and may take on additional teaching as he deems advisable for the instruction of members and friends, and as his schedule permits. (Sunday School, small groups, seminars, etc.)
2. Shepherding - This includes many types of short term people matters such as counseling, visitation, etc.
3. Overall leadership - In this role, he meets regularly with the Elders and various Committees to support and insure that our church continues to move in the overall vision and direction set by the Elders. He is welcome to attend any meetings of any of the various committees as an ex officio member.
4. Overseeing the pastoral staff - In this role, he acts as the team leader and manager overseeing each person’s objectives and progress as well as their personal growth. Prefer experience in a large church, with multi-staff leadership responsibilities.
5. Administration - In this role, he directs the activity of the other non-ministerial staff, each of whom shall be responsible directly or indirectly to him.
We are a NON PENTECOSTAL church. The primary responsibility of the Senior Pastor shall be his charge over the spiritual welfare of the congregation in all of the stated services of public worship: overseeing the preaching and teaching of the Word of God, providing oversight of the worship services in concert with the Worship Pastor, and the administration of the Ordinances, dedication of children, weddings, funerals, etc., extending counsel as appropriate.
We are a church with a very active missional mindset (Cole, McNeal, Chan, etc). The Pastor's preaching and teaching ministry shall promote and enhance among the congregation the corporate worship of God and the knowledge of sound doctrine. He shall endeavor to set forth scriptural foundations for the enlightenment of the congregation, on such matters as the practice of personal holiness, the fellowship of the saints, the cause of world missions, the strengthening of the Christian Family, evangelism and such topics of conduct as affect the every day life of the Christian.
He shall be concerned with, and ultimately responsible for, the public image of the church in the community and elsewhere, and seek to have the church visible in the community, promoting and upholding a God-Honoring reputation.