This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Leader - Part Time
Christian Fellowship Church
Itasca, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/11/2010
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
The Christian Fellowship Church of Itasca, Illinois is currently seeking a part-time worship leader who will assume the duties of leading Sunday morning worship. We are a multi-ethnic congregation in Chicago’s northwest suburbs and seek to grow God’s kingdom through the church. We are an evangelical, Bible-based church with an average adult worship attendance of 50-60.
We are excited to be planning a major relaunch of our church to focus our entire ministry experience to better reach the surrounding community. Accordingly, worship is one of the core ministries in which we want to excel, and we desire to have a worship leader who help get us do our best for our Lord.
We are seeking a worship leader to meet the specific needs of our church in the following ways:
1. He will recognize his calling to minister through music.
2. He will have a shepherd’s heart as evidenced through his love for people.
3. He must demonstrate skill in the leading of worship.
4. He must demonstrate a satisfactory understanding and confession of our faith statement.
5. He must be able to relate well to both our growing youth population and our senior population.
6. He will have past worship ministry experience.
7. Preferred: a nationally recognized ministry credential that is in keeping with our faith statement. Candidate can have attained such credential or actively pursuing it.
Ministry Description (Part-Time):
- Provide biblical and stylistic guidance for the worship team.
- Organize worship sets in keeping with the theme of the service. Themes will be dictated by the sermon and the Scripture upon which the sermon is based.
- Organize and lead rehearsals.
- Lead the recruiting of new worship team members.